Chapter 13

Janelle

"Alright everyone! We have a history project coming up!" The history teacher, Mrs. Brown told us.

The whole class groaned in aggravation. I rolled my eyes. This lady is always giving us projects, one after another.

I shifted my eyes over to Logan, who was one row to the left of me, and saw he was quietly tapping his pencil on his desk. He looked like he was sad, but I couldn't care less what he was feeling.

I still can't believe he did what he did to me. Some days he would stop by my locker and ask for my forgiveness and tell me that he was sorry and that he was wrong. But I really didn't give a shit about his lame excuses. He should've thought about it before he went to go swap spit with another chick.

I then shifted my eyes to Jaden, who was three rows down from me. He was hiding his phone behind his desk and it looked like he was texting someone. I saw a small smirk appear on his face. I mentally rolled my eyes. He's probably texting Kelsey or whatever that girls name is.

I turned back around in my chair to face the front and continued to listen to Mrs. Brown. "On this project, you will have to create and present a PowerPoint of events in World War 2." She explained. "This assignment will be due next Monday. You will work with one partner and I am choosing your partners!" The class yet again let out another aggravated groan.

Mrs. Brown took her clipboard off her desk and looked at it carefully before calling out partners. As she called out the names, I crossed my fingers and closed my eyes. Please don't put me with a bad partner, I said over and over in my head.

"Ariel, you will be working with Maria. Jason, you will be working with Taylor. Logan, you will be working with Reese. Janelle, you will be working with Jaden." She said.

I uncrossed my fingers and shot my eyes wide open. No! I don't wanna work with him! Why does this have to be me? Why?

I slowly buried my head in my arms in disappointment. Jaden probably isn't even good at history. He's probably not good at any of the subjects. And when was I gonna have free time to work with him? I don't wanna waste my weekends to spend time with him. This will be a disaster.

By the time Mrs. Brown was done calling out partners, the bell had rung. Everyone went rushing out of the classroom, including me.

I went out of the door and walked down the hallway, on my way to my next class. "Hello partner." I stopped in my tracks and rolled my eyes as I already knew who it was standing behind me. I slowly turned around to see Jaden with an amused smirk on his face.

My eyes searched throughout his facial features. His black eye had died down a little and his bruises had too. My mind skipped back to that night when Jaden had came knocking at my front door for help. I still can't believe Dallas had done that to him. Shaking the memory out of my mind, I faced Jaden. "I'm not thrilled to be your partner." I simply told him.

"Do you not like me?" Jaden asked me as we continued to walk down the hallway.

"Yes." I said.

"Why don't you like me?" He asked.

"Because you're a jerk." I said.

Jaden chuckled. "What have I ever done to you?" He asked me.

I sighed in frustration. "Hm...I don't know. Maybe on my first day of school, you dumped your nasty smelling beer all over me, and I had to change into your girlfriends shirt. And...you just...think you're so perfect." I explained.

"What? How do I think I'm perfect?" He asked.

"You go around school thinking that everyone is supposed to like you. Well here's a little fact, I don't like you...Jaylen." I said.

Jaden gave me a weird look. "But I fought that jerk for you." He said.

I can't believe he actually brought that up. "Well. Thanks for that, but still..." I said.

Jaden shrugged and changed the subject. "Anyway, we need to meet up for that stupid history project. How about at my house on Saturday." He suggested.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't care." I said before going into the room of my next class.

I don't even fully know why I didn't like Jaden. It's just that he has this "bad boy/ Mr. Perfect" type of attitude. I don't like guys like that. I mean, why can't you just be a normal guy?
~~~~~~

"Ha! He's your partner!?" Lana exclaimed. Lana and I were currently on my bedroom floor, completing some science homework together. I was telling her about the unfortunate thing that happened in Mrs. Brown's class when she assigned Jaden my partner for the history project.

"It's not funny!" I said before throwing my pencil at her, which hit her on her forehead. I snickered a little and then grabbed my pencil back to finish my homework.

"So that means you have to waste an entire weekend with him! This is hysterical." She said.

I rolled my eyes at her before closing my textbook and sighing. "I mean, he can't be that bad of a person." I mentioned before laying on my back and staring up at my ceiling.

"Yes he is. Once during sophomore year, he beat up this freshman and caused him to slip into a coma. And Kelsey is like his...12th girlfriend." She stated.

I shot up and my eyes widened in complete shock. "12th girlfriend!?" I exclaimed in shock. "So he's a player too?" I asked.

Lana nodded. "Yup. He's dated Marisa, Renea, Taylor, Livi, Dona, Ariel-"

I interrupted Lana in the middle of her sentence. "Ariel!? He's dated Ariel!? I thought she was just the shy, quiet girl that hides behind books. Why would she date a boy like Jaden?" I questioned.

"Ariel wasn't like that at first. She used to be outgoing, loud, and fun. She used to show up at every high school party, and be the most fun one there. But when Jaden cheated on her with Kelsey, she felt horrible. She felt like a loser. She felt like she was being used. So...she became shy and quiet." Lana shrugged after explaining.

"Wow." I should've know. Ariel's tall, has beautiful tan skin, hazel-green eyes, and long blonde hair. A girl that looks like that isn't just that shy. The nerd glasses and the freckles kind of throw you off a little, but other than that, she could be a model. And girls that look like models don't just hide behind books all there lives.

I shrugged and laid back on the floor. This is gonna be a long weekend.

__________________________________

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! It was a little short, but oh well. In the next few chapters, some interesting things are going to be happening. So keep reading there is a lot a head of us!!

Love you all please please please please vote and comment. And goodbye...