☺︎︎ Chapter Sixty-Four

Start from the beginning

She reaches a hand over to rest on top of Jeno's and squeezes it gently, the human boy looking at her now. "Sweetie, if you're worried that Jaemin will be mad at you–"

"That's not what I'm really worried about..." Jeno cuts her off in a mumble, eyes darting away and instead towards the flowers on the table.

Dracula and Mina furrows their eyebrows at his words, "what do you mean, sweetie?" Oh how sweet Mina can be, despite being a vampire queen.

Jeno hopes she, and along with Dracula, won't be mad at him when he tells them;

"We've fought before... Mainly because I pester him." He hesitantly looks back at the married couple and raises a brow when they start laughing.

When their laughs subsided, Dracula chuckles and says, "that's totally normal, Jeno. Everyone fights with their significant other atleast once."

Nodding, Mina squeezes his hand again and softens, "I'm guessing what you're really worried about is if it's going to be the worst fight so far, breaking up I suppose?"

Jeno's eyes widen in instinct, a bit amazed from how she can guess and read him like a book– even without reading his thoughts.

But he nods anyway, Dracula humming at him in understanding. "Even if you two break up, you guys can't stay like that forever, you'll go back to each other soon enough."

He smiles softly, although his long, sharp fangs were showing, Jeno still feels comfortable.

"You guys are soulmates after all." Dracula winks in a silly manner. "Isn't that right, Jaemin's pup?"

Jeno blushes in embarrassment as Dracula cackles, satisfied until Mina pinches him on the arm. "Don't be mean to him, Jaemin's going to be mad when he hears you saying that." She scolds.

"I'm just joking," her husband snorts, now acting all immature.

"But Jeno," Mina calls out. "Like you've said, you guys have fought before. And look! Jaemin still loves you." She encourages the human boy.

Jeno smiles shyly, a feeling growing in his stomach that makes him feel excited and nervous at the same time. An adrenaline rush.

"Now, why don't you stop worrying and go up to him, I'm sure he'll listen to you more than anyone else." Beaming at him again.

Dracula clasps his hands together as his smile widens, "you've made our Jaemin warm, my boy." He said, very proud of his son's soulmate.

After hearing their encouragements and the adrenaline rushing through his body, Jeno nods enthusiastically and stands up.

He quickly bows at them, "where can I meet him?" He asks, thinking if Jaemin had lied or had left the place he said he would be at.

Dracula gestures for some guards to step forward, "bring him to the prince, please. Keep him out of danger and sight from anyone else outside the palace." He instructs.

Nodding obediently, the four guards bow at them as Mina was exchanging hugs with Jeno, caressing his hair as she says, "good luck, dear."

Smiling, Jeno still feels shy from the gentle treatment he was receiving, especially when it's his boyfriend's vampire parents.

The four guards who were instructed surrounds Jeno in a protective way, a shield from anyone who dares to intrude and have seen him through the castle windows.

A few minutes later, after checking the rooms and some questions being asked about where the vampire prince is, they've finally found him.

He's in the jewelry room, staring at the crown being kept in a protected and locked display box. A spell surrounding it just in case.

He did lie. But Jeno doesn't bother to bring that up first, there's a more important thing to talk about.

Jeno knocks gently, the vampire prince snapping his head to glare at the intruder until he realizes it's his human boyfriend, instantly softening his face and opens his arms.

The younger boy walks up and hugs him, sighing in content with the feeling of Jaemin's arms around his figure.

"What is it, pup?" The older boy asks, hadn't been paying attention since he's been in this room, deep in thought.

Jeno looks up, recalling Jaemin's parents' encouraging words and gathers up the courage. "Jaeminie hyung, we need to talk."

"My dear soulmate, I hope this goes well."

"Pup, I'm guessing it's the same topic earlier."