•interrupted•

As always, the weekend was short lived.

On Sunday, you and Ben had made the decision to clean up the apartment a little bit and order some new furniture that should arrive in the next week or so.

The two of you wanted to liven the place up a little bit and get rid of some old stuff that you didn't really like or use. Eventually, you'd want to do some small renovations, but until the both of you had saved enough money, new furniture and a new coat of paint will have to do.

Now, you were sitting in your car in your allocated spot, trying to build up the courage to go into work. You had applied as much make up possible to try and hide the scrape on your face, and it did help a little. You chose to wear a longer pencil skirt that stopped just above your knee so the scrapes on your thighs weren't visible, along with a red blouse you bought not long ago.

You weren't really nervous about people noticing the scrape on your face though. You were more worried about seeing Kylo again. When you saw that his car was already parked in its spot beside your own, you could've cried.

After everything that happened, seeing him at work was just going to be awkward.

Your boss has seen you blind drunk and in a situation that could've ended badly. You didn't want your relationship with your boss to end up like that. You were still embarrassed about it all. And you knew Kylo well enough to know that he would somehow berate you for it.

You just hoped that the work you sent him was enough to put him in a good mood today.

With a sigh, you gathered your belongings before taking the elevator up to the lobby. And like every other day, you signed in, tried your best to be polite to the rude woman at the desk, and head up to your floor.

As usual, the office was busy. Phones were ringing, the low hum of people talking could be heard and it drowned out the sound of typing and printing.

You kept your head down as you made your way over to your desk. You took a seat and placed your handbag at your feet as you began to power everything on.

Then the realisation hit you.

You didn't have any work to go on with. Kylo hadn't sent you any other manuscripts, and neither did Adeline.

"How was your weekend?" The usual chirpy voice startled you and you turned to face Ava.

"You scared the shit out of me," you laughed. "It was good, how about yours?" Your eyes quickly flicked to Kylo's office. His door was open and he wasn't in there. You weren't sure if you were relieved or not.

"Mine was good, just went out for lunch with my boyfriend's family." She smiled.

"Nice," you smiled back, and before you could say anything else, an all too familiar voice could be heard.

"Back to your desk, Ava."

You glanced passed Ava as she spun, and Kylo stood with his arms crossed, a scowl plastered on his face.

For some reason, he looked fucking gorgeous today. He was in a grey suit and a silver tie was wrapped around his neck. His hair fell in soft waves around his face, and that was when you spotted the split in his lip from the fight.

Guilt soon started to take over.

"Yes, sorry, Sir." You watched as Ava's face flushed with embarrassment before she scurried away.

Kylo remained in place, leaning up against the wall of his office, his eyes never leaving you.

You swallowed, your fingers fidgeting with the hem of your skirt. "I'm sorry, Sir. Have you got—"