•confusion•

Your mind was running wild.

You didn't know how long you had been staring at your boss, and you weren't sure if he had taken much notice of your silence. In fact, by the look of him, he probably preferred it.

You were so confused.

He looked exactly like Ben Solo. But he was an only child. Han and Leia only ever had one child. That's what they told you.

You tried not to make it obvious that you were gawking at him, but you took in the same pale skin, the same full, plush lips, the dark, intense eyes, the broad nose...

The only difference was the pink scar that was slashed from his brow to his jawline. The scar then ran down his neck and underneath his shirt.

You were captivated by it.

The sound of the phone ringing startled you, and you quickly straightened in your seat, smoothing your hands over your skirt.

Adeline picked up the phone, a look of pure annoyance written on her pretty face.

"Yes?" She sighed, tapping her fingers on the desk. It was modern. It looked as if it was made of granite or slate. It almost looked like it was embedded into the tiles, like it was a part of the architecture itself.

It was then, when you noticed the large diamond glistening on her ring finger.

Large was an understatement.

Adeline sighed. "I'll be right down." She snapped, rising from her chair. "I'm so sorry. The girls downstairs need me. But Mr. Ren can run you through the paperwork and show you around." She smiled up at him.

He didn't return one.

Instead, a heavy sigh left his chest as he took her place in her chair. You watched as she left the office and the door slammed behind her. Your heart leapt to your throat.

You wanted to speak, at least say hello or nice to meet you. But nothing would leave your mouth.

"Read these and sign here."

His fucking voice was the same. Except there was something about it that made it a little different. It sounded so withdrawn, almost like it had so much built up anger or hate.

It made your skin crawl.

Mr. Ren pushed the forms towards you, along with a black pen. His eyes only met yours for a brief moment before he turned his attention back to the computer on Adeline's desk.

You tried your best to look away, but your eyes wouldn't leave him. His suit was black, and he wore a crisp white shirt underneath. A deep red tie was wrapped around his neck and it brought the outfit all together.

"We don't have all day." He snapped.

You swallowed and adverted your eyes. You quickly skimmed over the forms, and it gave you a better insight into what was expected of you, how you were meant to complete certain tasks, and a contract as well. There was another smaller form for you to fill in all of your personal details.

Nothing too crazy.

When you got to the bottom of the forms to sign, you spotted the name Kylo Ren with a blank spot for a signature.

You guessed that would be the man sitting in front of you.

You slid the forms back towards him and watched silently as he signed his part of the form. You watched as his hand dwarfed the pen and paper, and you couldn't help but gaze at the wedding band wrapped around his finger once again.