Chapter 37: The Search

It's been 2 weeks...2 fucking weeks since I left the hospital and still no sign of Laura. But I didn't stop searching for her. I won't stop until I see her .

I won't let her get away. There is no way I will let her win in this hide and seek game.

"No sign of Ms. Lauraine in the area, Sir. I think she is really trying to run away" my hired investigator, Al told me as he come in my office

"No, continue looking harder. Don't show up in my  office until you find her" I ordered, getting frustrated more

Damn this people. I am paying them a high prize and all they give me are false news.

I am here in my office at the hospital, the pain of my wounds are still here but this is nothing to the wounds I had in my heart if Laura is not here in my arms.

I heard my door open once again and I saw one of my men, Vincent "Sir, I have news...Ms. Lauraine's driver who introduces himself as Rob, is outside. He said he knows something your girl, Sir"

"And you believe him immediately?" I asked, narrowing my eyes are him

"W-welll, erm... "

"Fine, let him in" I snapped, sitting back on my desk as I gather all of the papers and files then put it inside my drawer.

"Sir..." Vincent called. Then a man in his late 40s or early 50s entered my office. His clothes weren't that expensive looking outfit. His clothes were loose and his pants looks worn out.

I stood from my chair and signalled the boys to leave and they did.  And it is only me and Rob left.

"Dr. Lautner, good day to you" he bowed his in politeness

"Rob, are you telling the truth that you know where is Laura?" I asked getting straight to the point

"Even though I don't want to speak about Ms. Laura, because she begged me not to tell anyone...but I don't have anything choice now" He stated "But...I want her to return back safely"

It took seconds before he could continue "That night...the day of your accident, Ms. Laura, called me and told me to pick her up at the hospital and drop her at her Father's house" he told me

"Then?" I asked, eagerness in my voice. I don't want anymore pauses. I need to know where is she!

"That's all I know, Dr. Lautner. She told me to leave her at her Father's house" he lowered his head.

Damn it.

"Why should I believe you? You might be still working under Douglas "

Rob looked at me and sigh under his breath "Because Laura is like a daughter to me. She is kind and it makes me happy to know that she is in good hands "

With that answer, it made me want to believe this man. But only one way to find out at all of these.

This is my only option

Then I shall talk to his Father.

"Take me where his Father is" I told Rob, getting my things and took off my coat.

I have more better things to do...for now, I have to talk with Mr. Alexander.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is this it?"

I am standing outside the gate of this normal looking house with a huge garden or loan in front.  Toy cars are scattered everywhere, hose too.

I was about to press the door bell when suddenly a woman came out behind me in a school uniform, she had long brown hair, her eyes were big and had the same eye color of Laura.