Chapter 24: The Best Friend

Here is chapter 24! I hope you like this chapter. I really had a tough day in school so I am still a little stressed but writing a story will definitely make me feel better.

Anyway, please vote and follow me. I need followers...

Anyway, another photo of Laura on the side  :)

їїїїїї

Okay, this is it. I am here standing for 5 minutes outside a normal house with a paper in my han, doing nothing expect staring at it.

This is Christine's house

Well, it's now or never...

But before I could knock on the door, I turn around where Rob is "Can you please leave me, Rob? I think I need time with my friend right now"

Rob looked at me "Are you sure, Ms. Laura?"

I nod with a smile "Yes, Rob. Thanks. I will call you later if you have you have pick me up but this is just between the two of us, okay?"

He smiled kindly at me, "Of course, Ms. Laura, I won't let you down. Just between us" then he left me and went to the car and drove away, leaving me.

I already knocked on the door as I took a deep, deep breath.

A few seconds later, the door opened but I was surprised to see a young cute little girl opened it. She had long bouncy blonde hair,  her eyes were green and wide. She looked totally clueless seeing a stranger at her door.

"H-hello, sweetie, is this where Christine Anderson lives?" I asked her

She looked at me in a confused expression  "Belle, who is that?~"

My eyes widen and look at her in shock. It's Christine...my best friend. It's finally her! She looked at me also the same look as I am giving but cut when she turn back to the kid

"Belle, go inside...go play okay?" She told her softly before turning back to me went closer, examining me from head to toe "Laura?"

I gave her a small shy smile "Hi Christine" I greeted her "It's me"

"Oh my God!!!" She screamed throwing her arms around me and hugged me tightly almost making me out of breath. "It's really you!" Then she broke off and held me face in hee hands "What in the world happened to your face?"

I laughed at her, God I missed her so much!

"Oh please...come in" she opened her door wider for me enter and I did as I made my way inside. Belle is on the floor, playing with of her toys while the TV is on.

I sat down on the couch and I saw Christine made her way towards the kitchen, I didn't notice that she looked...I don't know how to call it, her hair was a bit messy, her clothes were normal but her aura is different. Weird different.

Chris came out and sat down next to me "How long have you been here? And explain everything to me, young lady until I am satisfied"

I chuckled at her eagerness to know "Okay, where should I start...?" Then I removed the thought of Douglas "..scratch that for now...I've been here for 4 months now, Chris and I am working a teacher"

"Wow, really? That's good to know" she smiled then continued "I am really so happy and can't believe that you are here in front of me"

"Yeah but please...this is just between us, okay?" I told her "For now...I am not allowed to be known as Laura Alexander"

"What are you now?"

"I am known as Chantal Davis...girlfriend of Douglas" I said.

She looked at me weirdly, like a second head grew in me "That pervert old man..." she muttered with gritted teeth "He hired you to be her personal assistant....not to he a mistress! I am really going to kick his crippled ass when I see his face"