Chapter 23: Cold Stare

Hey everyone! Thanks for the support and comment that I am having from my readers. I really appreciate it when I read comments saying that they are enjoying this story so please continue the love and support you are giving. Thanks again! I God bless everyone and have a nice and wonder day ahead

Now enjoy chapter 23! I really became busy with school so it took me long enough to post this.

▨▨▨▨▨▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▧▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨

"It will take another month to go home" Douglas told me over the phone. "...the damage of the property is really big so I really need to work on it longer"

Yes! He won't be home again!

I shouted in my mind happily. To be hobest, I want to jump on my bed in happiness. It is really means the world to me knowing that I won't be spending time with Douglas again. I am just so happy.

"But, Laura, remember this and stick this in your thick skull...I don't want to hear or see something in the news that you are secretly visiting your family..." he paused and let out a evil laugh "...you don't want me to ruin your Father's little business, right, my dear Laura?"

My whole body gotten cold all of the ausse, hearing that Douglas has many ways of his evil mind to destroy my father's small and starting business. I won't let him

"~Laura? Are you listening to me, you foolish girl?" His voice broke my thoyggta

"Y-yes, Douglas I got it" I assured him as I played with my fingers on my lap.

"Good to know" he respond then rudely ended the call. This old man. I wish I could put some poison in his drink and kill him immediately.

But of course I can't do that.

I arrived at school that morning and I saw Mr. Ken standing near the gate doing something in his phone. Rob stopped the car in front of the gate and I got out

"Mr. Ken" I called and he quickly raised his head and smiled when he saw me walking towards her "Good morning "

He grin widely as he put his phone back in his bag "Good morning, Ms. Chantal.  You look wonderful as always"

I just laughed "Stop teasing me already, would yah?"

Mr. Ken and I talked as we walk the school. I must have arrived too early because there are not too much teachers yet.

"Ayy, guess what I saw in my newspaper in this morning..." Mr. Ken started, he entered my classroom once I unlocked it. I looked at him urging him to continue "Douglas Wilson is having a divorce with his wife. That is why he left the country and went to Greece where her wife lives to file the papees"

My eyebrows frown in confuseness.  Douglas is filing a divorce at her wife but why didn't I know about this? Is this what Paul is talking about the last time we talked? Douglas is not doing his business in Greece but he is working on his divorce. But the problem is...who is the one who first filed the divorse? Did his wife first the one who called it quits? There is something fishy...

During my class, the children was energetic and fun today and I am glad knowing that they are understanding the lesson properly. And for that, I gave them what they want. Coloring

They love coloring some drawings  after we finished our discussion. If they did good then they will have a reward and that is it.

But still, I don't know but I still feel unhappy. There is this pain in my chest that is bothering me. I really want to know what it is. What is this thing bothering me? Mind and heart.