9. Correspondence

⚔

Beta read by AProudMuslimah

Suhayl mulled over the letter from Umair. He had given a list of weaponry and was requesting a full trace of when they arrived and left Laith lab in Teruel.

Generally, any research institutes needed to request permission from the Ministry of Education and provide a full account of equipment needed and used. This procedure was even more stringent when the research involved dangerous elements. If it was any other university who were researching weaponry, Suhayl could have easily accessed the Ministry of Education, which was under the management of Hasanah family, and received the necessary intel.

However, Laith academy was not government funded – it was privately owned by Prince Laith, the head of Qais Imperial family. The Ministry of Education had no purview over the details, they only accepted or rescinded the research requests.

That meant Suhayl could not access details without the assistance of someone who was internally involved in Laith Academy.

Of which he had none.

He placed down the letter, then his head atop it, and sighed. Moments like this truly highlighted his ineptitude. His whole life was spent within this palace, he had no contacts outside it.

Ghalib was a general, primarily involved in military affairs, it was unlikely he had any contacts in Laith Academy. Hudhaifah mostly dealt with civil affairs, so he may not have any either. That aside, all three of them primarily socialised within the court circles. Being from the lower three of the Imperial families, Suhayl did not closely associate with the Qais family to gain entry in Laith, much less the internal affairs.

He sighed again.

Should he ask his father for some help?

Suhayl firmly shook his head. No, this was too soon, and too little to ask for help. He needed to prove to his father he was capable. That won't be happening if he runs to daddy every time he encountered a hurdle.