{17}- Aftermath | Attacked

Start from the beginning

I saw Reinhard and Wilhelm standing above the fallen White Whale, now completely deceased, raising their swords in victory. From afar, I saw the two exchange words, and I hoped that it was them trying to reconnect after years of misunderstanding.

I haven't told Wilhelm that it was mainly because of the Witch of Vainglory, Pandora, that Theresia died 14 years ago. Then again, it's not the right time yet.

I sat up just a little, and the green-haired candidate walked up beside me as she smiled. "You woke up. I thought you were sleeping due to mana exhaustion."

"Yeah, it's not like I asked for it, but I have an ability that allows me to escape my unconsciousness whenever there's a large change in mana around me. Namely, Reinhard's attacks." I replied, and she helped me up as we stood together, facing the sunset.

"Fourier will be happy that you survived." I told her. "However, the real battle is the one after this."

"What do you mean?" She asked, "We defeated the White Whale, did we not?"

"Well, this is only the first part of the plan. I'm planning on fighting the Witch Cult next." Subaru came up to us and relayed our second part of the plan, where he goes to defeat the Sin Archbishop of Sloth.

"I see..." Crusch said as she pondered about Subaru's plan.

"Yeah, I didn't expect the whale hunt to tire out so many soldiers..." Subaru said as he scanned the area, and many were exhausted after defeating one of the Three Great Mabeasts.

"Well, please make use of this old man, then." Wilhelm came up to us and kneeled, and we were surprised. "Without you two's help, I would've never been able to avenge my wife..."

"Ah, it's not a big deal, you know?" Subaru said as I nodded as well, unable to take too much credit since all I did was basically disable the White Whale's flight functions and make it my own.

Come to think of it, that ability...

Cahya called it 'Suitoru', which means absorb in Japanese. Could that mean that while I was fighting... that mark...

I immediately opened up the panel, and an extra bar showed beneath the Periodic Table. "Innate Abilities?"

I checked, and surprisingly, Critical Overload, Vacuum Trigger, and Pure Truth were all present, including Suitoru. I tapped into the Suitoru bar, and a slot showed up.

Spell/:Maho@$&<•>[Fly]embed(?!¥£€'#~\|WW)

I tapped the mysterious code like word, and an ominous circle with three rings and an arrow appeared on my back, and I jumped back in surprise before quickly deactivating the spell. Thankfully, nobody saw it, and I took some time to think about myself.

So I absorbed the White Whale's spell that keeps him afloat in the air? No way... but there's no other explanation for this phenomenon.

"Well, we're not the only ones to help you." Crusch said suddenly as I looked over to the direction that she was looking at. Julius Juukulius and the other half of Iron Fang arrived, ready for battle.

Timeskippu*

I was on the carriage now, along with Hetaro, who was stressed out from the fight. The child slept without a care about the outside world, and laid on my lap as I caressed him lightly.

I told the army to take a different and more roundabout route, since the Archbishops of Greed and Gluttony will appear along the road, and I definitely do not want that to happen. Getting your memory and name erased is already bad enough, but to face off against a guy who can stop objects' time? I'm out.