The Season Finale, Again

Start from the beginning

Hayden, being the dominant breedable stud he is, takes the lead. "I suppose Brayden will accompany us to school today?"

"Well, yes, about that..." says Harry, moving out of the way to reve--god dammit.

"Hello! Am Brayden!" says the Eastern European 40 years-old man who passes as Brayden's body double. "Am very good to see my friends in this today!"

"He's drunk off his ass, isn't he?" I ask Jungkook.

"I'm afraid so, yes," he says. "So, our friend here will take his place."

You know what? I already fixed one of his mistakes. He's a big boy that can make big boy decisions. We are living. Thanks for the gift baskets."

"They have gunpowder-scented soap!" he says.

I walk by the pair to exit the house when Jungkook grabs me by the arm. He leans in, the smell of sour cream and onion intensifying every inch, as his moist breath punches my earhole. "Also, the boss wants me to say that the matter you raised with him has been resolved."

In any other moment, this would've been a red flag, but I'm too hungover to try and decode this. Maybe it has to do with my father calling me over and over again. Maybe Brayden did pull a miracle. Unlikely, but possible.

Well, a miracle he did, for when I reach the school...I don't. Meaning, there is no school, just a smoldering crater of ash and broken promises.

This can only mean one thing.

Hayden takes out his phone before I can even comment, calling Brayden and putting it on speakerphone. After a few seconds of silence, a groggy voice whispers almost like a dream.

"what?" says Brayden, drawing every letter as if he was getting his teeth pulled.

"Don't what me, you soft-dom!" I yell. "What the fuck happened to my school?"

"first, don't yell at me, i'm smol," he whispers, with the sound of a blender ringing in the background. "second, your welcome."

"It's you're," I correct while grabbing the phone out of Hayden's hand. "And what do you mean? I didn't ask you to burn down my school!"

"ya, but you did ask me to deal with it," he growls. "you wanted me to help you get you back into the school, no?"

I pinch the bridge of my nose. This shit is making my migraine worse by the second. "Yes, and what does that have to do with burning my school?!"

"i told you, fire solves everything," he says nonchalantly, followed by a long sip, "and if it doesn't, you're not using enough."

And because destiny is a fickle bitch, it is at this point that my phone rings with a number I've never seen before.

"ya might wanna pick up that phone, muchacho," says Brayden, followed by a click of him hanging up.

I take the other phone, pick the call up, and put it on speaker for Hayden to listen in as well.

"Hi, is this Hayden Gomez?" says a perky, if annoyed voice, which can only belong to a secretary, or a pediatrician. "I'm calling on behalf of the school district. You might wanna sit down for this."