Chapter Twenty Four: The End Shall Decide

Igneous' fist collided head on with Morphus' face. The other Magnorite stumbled back and spat out one of his sharp teeth. A low, angry growl escaped him as he locked eyes with Igneous, who looked more like an out of control flame than a Magnorite at this point. Morphus reciprocated the punch but Igneous slid out of his grasp like a fish covered in oil.

Within Igneous' mind there was emptiness. Only animalistic instinct propelled him at this point. Another punch, another miss. Punch. Miss. Duck and weave. Igneous rolled onto the ground, causing some sparks to fly free. Morphus knelt onto the ground and attempted to grasp at the other Magnorite's leg.

Igneous pulled back more, his eyes still glazed over and empty. He sat stock still for a few moments and glanced up at Morphus. The two locked eyes for an agonizingly long moment. Morphus considered the other a soulless husk at this point. He no longer cared for the thrill of the hunt but more so for surviving this confrontation.

He betrayed the hollow Magnorite and lunged for his leg. A direct hit; his fingers locked around the Magnorite's ankle. He pulled Igneous towards him and delivered a blow to his shoulder, knocking the other back onto the ground. Morphus took his place on top of the other Magnorite and threw another punch, this time at the other's horn.

The numbness faded from Igneous' mind at that very moment. He was tired of allowing the paralysis to overtake him. To him, it was just another Morphus, another Vraleus, another abomination blocking his path.

His palm blocked Morphus' blow. Morphus' eyes widened and his pupils turned to slits. How the fuck? His thoughts were easily palpable.

Igneous stood up and shook the flames off of his back. He held his arms out, pulled the gloves off his armor, unsheathed his claws and lunged like a madman. This time, it was Morphus' turn to step to the side. Igneous' stomach made immediate contact with the ground. Morphus walked over and knelt beside the other Magnorite, putting a hand onto his neck.

"You did more than I expected for an emotionless shell." He growled lowly with a soft smile. "Shame you're such a fucking runt though, if you weren't maybe you'd have a fair chance against me."

Igneous gritted his teeth together, sparks threatening to spill out of him. The urge to go numb again swirled through his body, starting at his legs and then crawling into his eyes. But he fought back, forging his rage into words. "At least I'm not as cruel as you."

"That won't matter when you're dead, now will it?" Morphus said, putting his foot down on Igneous' back. Igneous bucked upwards, throwing Morphus off balance. He hopped out of the way as Morphus regained his balance. He threw his head towards the ceiling of the tunnel and called out "Cedrer!"

Igneous felt his legs begin to buckle as a loud roar shook the very air. An impulse bubbled to the surface of his mind, the impulse to become a Moonlit again and rake his claws into the beast's neck. No, he couldn't do that. The time it would take to scramble out of his armor would be too valuable to lose.

A large, dark shape swooped down and shot at Igneous. He hopped out of the way of the blast and out of his periphery witnessed the surrounding architecture nearly exploding. He shuddered at the thought of what that blast could do to his form, armored or not.

The dragon, which Igneous had to assume was Cedrer, landed near him and glared at him with their deep purple eyes. Those eyes reflected nothing but malice, a malice that had settled there for years. Many had looked into those eyes, knowing their fate was sealed by a beast that seemed to crawl from the depths of the underworld itself.

However, another roar rumbled through the atmosphere. The dragon with malevolent eyes looked up towards the source. Igneous charged a few paces away from the beast and locked his eyes onto the sky. Reddish purples littered the sky, beginning to take the form of... Could it be?