Chapter Nineteen: Where All Goes Wrong

Igneous curled his hands into fists as he, the Enderknights, and the Knights of Ardonia walkeed closer to Biggerton. His heart felt heavy, like a large weight had settled upon it. His eyes found their way onto Senn's form and he glared at his eyes for a moment before looking away.

He couldn't bring himself to speak to Senn, especially not after their argument. What was there to say? Sorry? How could he be sorry now, especially when Senn had so viciously attacked and betrayed him. He gritted his teeth and his fingers clung closer together than ever before.

It took great restraint to not wrap them around an adversary.

Igneous walked a few paces forward onto the gravel path, far enough for him to not hear Quartz speaking. "I think you really upset Igneous." Quartz faced Senn, his eyes wide enough to pop free from his skull. He took a few glances at the trees surrounding them "I've... I've never seen him like this before and I doubt you have either..."

Senn inhaled heavily. "We can sort this out later."

"No, we cannot." Quartz said forcefully, putting one hand on Senn's chest. The Ardoni squirmed, feathers rising like hackles. Ria's feathers rose as well and she started to approach, albeit slowly. Quartz kept Senn stopped, refusing to move. "We have a battle ahead and we must work together. You should apologize to him." He held his hand out towards Igneous. Igneous didn't see, however, as he was too busy walking off.

"I did apologize! He just didn't--" Senn tried to speak as suddenly someone slid before them and aimed an arrow at Igneous' head. The others tensed, ready to run forwards.

Igneous, however, recognized the stranger and sputtered. "Holly, it's me!" The tenseness left his body like a fleeing spirit and he felt ready to book it.

Holly's eyes narrowed in confusion. "Who?" She asked.

Igneous examined the bow, noticing it was iron. He doubted it could pierce his skin, let alone his armor. Regaining his composure, he spoke as calmly as possible. "Igneous."

Holly looked behind Igneous and noticed the others accompanying him. She put her bow down and called out to someone Igneous didn't see.

Like a bat out of the Nether, Kaius appeared, this time running as opposed to Holly's approach of sliding. He took to her side and did the same as her, observing the strange posse with both intrigue and confusion.

"What brings the lot of you together all of a sudden?" He voiced his concerns as politely as possible.

"We're heading to Biggerton..." Igneous said, bringing his hands together. He peered at his fingers and considered the consequences of it all.

"To get yourselves killed? You ought to know that it is incredibly dangerous there." Kaius swiped his hand at the empty air in front of him. Igneous flinched.

"We need to take it back, then we can take back Oakendale and the entirety of Conchord!" Igneous responded, slightly harsh. "Maybe if we act fast it can end faster..."

"That is a foolish venture." Kaius said, eying all of the Knights of Ardonia. "There is not enough of you to take on a threat like this!"

Igneous turned his eyes to the sky. It flashed with brilliant blues, pinks and purples like an aurora borealis and the dragons returned into sight. He pointed Kaius towards the sky and motioned for the dragons to come down.

Obsidian landed next to Igneous. "I've been getting pretty good at this 'warping' stuff, don't you think?" He said, almost oblivious to the world around him.

Kaius stared at the dragons for a moment and sighed. "I don't think that will improve your odds by much..." He sighed and shook his head. "Do you not remember the Great War? There were several armies united together and they still struggled!"