"Then leaving those stuffs off your hold you reached to me...and Avi...."

"Neela Aunty I have heard it several times...Mom told me...." Somehow gaining all my speaking strength I disrupted her, my chest dragged a sigh. I shook my head few times, deeply inhaled. She abruptly stopped, her eyes hurtful by my curtly put off her.
Still I have no idea about what she is trying to convey.

And then she finally dropped the bomb causing my gut almost plummeted on the ground. Great.

"I haven't gave birth to Avni Neil. I'm not her biological mother" her eyes quivering and an involuntary shiver ran down my spine in spite of knowing this stealthy story already.

Yes god damn yes I know it. Not all of it but I have the truth.

All these years my brain has absolutely erased this piece of information I have gained that night. When Avni got hospitalized due to her heavy bleeding getting unconscious in School, I was the one accompanied her in ambulance taking her to the cure center. And also the same day I have first realised my heart has grown some strong feelings for her I have ever had for any gal before I have came across that close unlike her.

"Do she has any family history as such?" the doctor asked getting out of the ward they put Avni admitted in. And being all tensed my eager, anticipating glances waiting for the reply her Mom and Dad would say but my Mom interrupted my attention towing towards her saying me to leave for home.
We are there few seats away so I couldn't follow what exactly Reyaansh Uncle my Dad and Neela Aunty talked to the doctor in a low voice and his face changed from those professional physician, to a real concerned person strangely.

Sitting there I got effing restless by my mother's continuous pestering me why it necessary for me to go home and wait for them there.... This a gyne ward, a young boy not supposed to stay here, other patients could feel awkward from my presence and all bullshit she was putting into my brain with her nonstop low voice blabbering. No way I'm going home without knowing my Avni is doing well_My heart screamed.

Yet being a tenager I had to obey my elders and that's why I had to  return. Only the difference was Bebe accompanied me all the way back home along with our driver Uncle in car.

Subsequently the day turned no less worst when later I found that truth related to Avni.

That exhausted day, all came back home around 10pm. And after Mom, Dad freshen up and we gathered for the dinner. They said Doc has informed that they would keep Avni under observation for next few days. But later it turned out a couple of weeks as Avni had released lot of blood and she went through that girly thing more than a week. My Poor baby.

I used to visit her everyday and bring her flowers, her fav books, her fav food, but she would in lot of pain. I felt like crying watching her squashing her head most of the time in pillow clutching her lower abdomen in so much pain. She looked so pale, fragile due to not able to eat her meal in adequate quality, those saltless food her gynecologist prescribed to intake her for a month. Aravi and Aman used to try make her giggle with their usual banters. And I brush her hair silently praying to God to give me instead all her pain.

"I guess I already know this engraved true about your daughter. But I'm not getting the point what made you risk it, reveal such secret to me all of a sudden" purposely I enunciated those words your daughter because it is the truth Neela is Avni's mother but no one else.

She loves Avni, knows every nerves of her daughter more that any one does, those hidden pain when Avni tries her most not to palpitate others, instead keep everything inside her, which sometimes biological mothers very much fails to notice. But Neela her mother who adopted her, never fails seeing her heart through those glasses she pushed over her nose whenever she succeeded others making fool of with her faux laughter or those stupid impassive expressions she masked up on her face.