Chapter Thirty-Seven

It's early in the morning, probably around six in the morning which you haven't been used to waking up around. You had to take Taemin outside, the Great Dane running around in the backyard, jumping through the small patch of tall grass and running around the somewhat big koi pond that had been installed to the mansion years ago. It's beautiful with the multicolored koi fish swimming around with the turtles resting on the rocks and sometimes, a few ducks would be resting in the pond. Taemin is the reason for the lack of ducks because he scared them away.

Since yesterday, Terushima hasn't talked with you lately. You know he's not doing it to avoid you, but he is busy with talking to other people. You would sometimes hear him speak rather loudly in his office. Your bedroom is close to his office since that's where he spends most of his nights having meetings. Shiratorizawa and Inarizaki are over, but you haven't ran into anyone that youve recognized yet. You've just been keeping to yourself, to at least feel like you've returned to normal.

However, simplicity isn't something that's known or practiced within the mafia, you guess.

You've been sticking to some self care routines. Misaki  had helped with you, telling you that she takes baths with rose petals and this white, milk like look to it but she didn't give you the name of it. Apparently, she made it herself. You also do the face masks, too and Misaki had let you use some of hers, too. She's been a sweetheart towards you and you absolutely appreciate her.

"Taemin!" You called.

You hear the jingle of Taemin's collar and a smile spreads on your lips at the sight of your dog. His mouth is wide open, panting heavily as he approaches you with a little jump in his steps. He sits down in front of you, gazing up at you and you pet his head, the puppy leaning his head into your touch which just warms your heart.

"You want to eat breakfast?" You questioned.

You watched his ears move forward and he understood the single word 'breakfast' which is cute. You chuckled, walking back to the mansion as Taemin follows you, gazing up at you in excitement.

"Are you excited for your food?" You questioned, opening the sliding glass door.

You stepped inside, halting short at the sight of Ushijima in the kitchen and he's by Taemin's food. Your eyes darted to his food bowl, seeing it filled with kibble that you feed him with raw meat in his bowl, a scoop of pumpkin purée and a green frozen block shaped into a paw.

"What did you do?" You asked, confused.

Ushijima glanced at the dog bowl and then at you. "I figured I could help you feed Taemin. I noticed you give him only dog kibble and that's not enough nutrition for him so I went to the store to buy you more nutritious food for him to help provide him a healiter life."

You pulled your lips into a thin line, "You didn't have to. He's not your responsibility, he's mine."

"I simply wanted to help you," he stated.

"You don't have to help me," you hissed, scowling at him. "I don't need your help. I'm doing just fine."

Ushijima strides over to you, towering over you as his expression becomes serious. "I understand that you are not fine. I know what happened so I know that you are not fine." He lets out a sigh, taking a step back and slumping his shoulders. "Sorry if I intimidated you, I just wanted to express my concern without voicing it."

You let out a sigh, watching the tall and scary man walk out of the kitchen without saying anything else. While you and Ushijima were talking, Taemin had already started eating his breakfast before you could tell him to. He's really chomping down on that food and your eyes drifted to the box on the kitchen table.

You approach the pale colored box, seeing a card on it with a silk bow on it. You grabbed the card, feeling the material underneath your fingers and you see your name on it in cursive writing. You wondered if Terushima had gotten the box for you, but you aren't sure for the reason of him getting you the box.

Opening the dress, you find a dress in the box and you pull it out, holding it in front of you. Your eyes widen, gazing at the cottage core dress that the short, rumbled sleeves and a slit in the front of the dress. The base color is a cream colored with a pattern of pink colored flowers all around the dress and the front dips low with little strings tied in the front. You've never owned a cottage core dress before and you find this one beautiful.

You held the dress close to you, taking off and running towards Terushima's bedroom. You're hoping he's there and you know that he's awake, he's definitely a morning person. Or perhaps you should check his office first, but you don't want to burst into his office to see the leader of Inarizaki and him having a meeting. You'll just go to his bedroom first to see if he's in there and if he's not, you'll listen outside of his office to see if he's in there.

Running up the stairs, almost out of breath, but your excitement of the dress and it being Terushima is whats driving you to push yourself. You pushed the door open, finding it empty and you exhaled deeply, knowing that Terushima is in his office.

You didn't run to his office, a bit tired of running, and you briskly walked, knowing exactly where it is. You see the white doors and you don't hear anything coming from his office, but only footsteps. You stepped back before he could open the doors and you smiled widely at him, holding out the dress to him.

"Where did you buy this dress!" You asked, bringing it to your chest. "It's so pretty."

Terushima raised an eyebrow. "I didn't buy it."

You blinked, "But my name was on the card."

"Did you see who it's from?" He asked, tilting his head. "Because I didn't buy it for you."

Then, who did?