Chapter Thirty-Four

Upon entering Terushima's home, Taemin's rushing form greets you as the two of you enter the building. You smiled, seeing the excited dog and he licked your hand when you reached it out. Patting his head, Taemin licked Terushima's hand and the man smiled, his eyes meeting yours and the two of you shared a smile. Terushima laughed, rubbing Taemin behind his ears.

"Will you be okay?" Terushima questioned, holding your stare. "I have a meeting with Shiratorizawa and Inarizaki regarding the casino dealings. I should be done by dinner if you're cooking at your normal time."

You nodded your head. "Yeah."

Terushima cocked his head towards the spacious living room with the ginormous TV in the living room. "Feel free to watch any movies or shows and even play video games. Use my account for everything, though."

"Thank you," you said.

Terushima smiled, patting the top of your head and you watched him walk off. The biggest smile erupts on your face as your eyes are glued to Terushima's back and Taemin walks off towards the sliding glass doors that lead to the beautiful yard. You didn't want Terushima to see your smile because he'd tease you and probably bring it up later, but you wanted to enjoy some time with yourself especially after running into Oikawa and Kuroo.

While Terushima went into his office, you changed into more comfortable clothes like a hoodie and sweatpants. Once you're changed in comfortable clothes, you return to the living room and felt relieved at the sight of no one in the living room. Taemin is lying in front of the sliding glass doors and sunbathing, possibly going to take a nap. You lied down, turning on the TV and looking for a movie to watch on Disney Plus since you could go for a children's movie.

The reason that your smile had been so wide is because of Terushima. He had stood up to you and told Oikawa with such confidence and challenge in his voice that Oikawa and Kuroo aren't taking you back with them. You know for a fact that your legs were shaking on the walk back to his home after the incident in the alleyway with him.

How he had held your chin and how gently his thumb rubbed your bottom lip. The intensity and desire in his eyes when he held you under his gaze and you could tell how bad he wanted to kiss you. That little tease of his when he'd let his tip of his thumb dip between your lips, but he wouldn't go all the way through and only continue to rub the bottom of your lip. His little actions had caused your head to swirl and your heart to race.

You weren't sure how you survived that and how normal Terushima had acted after that, too.

He's an absolute menace to your heart.

You decided to watch Inside Out because you love the scene with Bing Bong. Lying on your side, you held a pillow to your chest and your eyes focused on the screen of the large TV. To think Terushima would have a subscription for Disney is hilarious to you because of his profession. You wouldn't have thought he'd have one.

---

"[Name]?" Terushima asked.

The living room is completely dark with the movie, Dinosaur playing and Taemin asleep in his same spot where he was sunbathing. You lifted your head, watching Terushima walk towards you since you can see his figure in the dark and you give him a slight smile when the TV's light illuminates his face. He crouches down in front of you with a concerned look.

"It's seven o'clock, [Name]," Terushima said, his eyes glancing at the TV. "I thought you were going to cook dinner."

You shrugged your shoulders, pushing yourself to sit up. "I lost track of time. Do you still want me to cook?"