Chapter 25

It was now 8 p.m, and Harry and Louis were up, heading toward the lift to have dinner.

Louis had woken up from his nap with Harry lying on top of him, head on Louis' chest and playing some game on his phone.

"Oh, you awake" Harry had asked, looking up to Louis when he shifted

"Yeah" Louis had replied

And then they decided to go have dinner in town. They were in California, might as well enjoy every second and go out while they could.

Harry's limping had kind of stopped. It sometimes hurt but he had told Louis he was fine with a reassuring grin.

"I didn't realize we were so close to the beach!" Harry said excitedly when they left the hotel, heading downtown

The hotel was facing the sea. It was truly beautiful, but not as much as Harry with his face brightened that way. He looked like a child who saw a panda for the first time. It was what Louis' sisters were like when they saw a panda at the zoo many years ago.

Harry was as bright as the sun that was now setting, just because he saw the beach. It was cute but probably a bit of an overreaction, because he had seen the sea before, but Louis didn't really care and just smiled back at him.

"Yeah, you were trying so hard to hide your limping that you didn't pay attention. We even see it from our bedroom"

It was weird saying 'their bedroom' but they were in a hotel, in the same room, so that was basically their room. Still weird. Sounded like something more than fucking was between them, which wasn't, right?

Harry's smile brightened even more, his dimple popping like crazy "We really see it?"

Louis couldn't help but smile as wide, making his eyes crinkle "Yeah, we do"

"Where are we eating?" Harry asked, walking with his hands in his pockets and his shoulder sometimes bumping against Louis'

"Um. I didn't really think about that" he shrugged, then looked at the beach "We can take something somewhere and eat on the beach if you'd like"

"Yeah! I'd love to" he said

If Harry could, he'd probably smile wider, but as he was already smiling like crazy, it was probably impossible. Harry really got excited over really small things, but that was incredible to witness.

They walked and talked about nothing special. They talked about a puppy they just saw, Louis literally melting and wanting to kidnap it, because the puppy was so cute. Harry had held him back -physically- so he wouldn't dognap any doggy, as cute as it was, tonight.

Harry had confessed being more of a cat person, and Louis had laughed at him.

"What are you laughing at?" he had frowned

"Yoy can't be serious, cats are ungrateful as fuck, Haz. You can't trust them, but you can trust a little puppy. A dog loves you and a cat just sleeps and eats"

"Hey, that's not true. I had a cat, she was a softie. She cuddled me all the time, and I love cuddles"

"You sure do, Curly. You cuddle up to me every single night"

This comment had earned him a jab on the top of the head, and a Harry with reddened cheeks.

They found a pizzeria shortly after and decided to order here. Louis went in and leaned against the counter

"Hi! What can I get you?"

"Hello! I'd like a pepperonI pizza and he'll take a veggie one" Louis said, smiling at the guy and pointing his thumb to Harry behind him.