Chapter 5

chapter note:

tw: violence and homophobia
i didn't really go into the details, but there is a small part where there's violence and homophobia. i wrote this scene because i think this is important to show the reality of life about that matter, that it sometimes is dangerous just to be yourself.

i'm sorry if something similar ever happened to you, just know that you're valid and loved whoever you are <3

•••

The way to Harry's flat was silent until Harry realized something.

"You didn't take any clothes or anything" Harry pointed out

"I- I just couldn't go inside, I'll sleep like that" Louis said

Harry sighed and looked at Louis' sad face "I'll give you something"

"Thank you" he said, letting his head fall down

"Are- are you okay?" Harry asked hesitantly, still looking forward

"I- yeah" Louis said, looking out the window

"Okay" Harry replied, not convinced but he let it go

Once they arrived at the building, they went up and entered Harry's flat.

"If you need something, just ask me. The couch is here if you want to lie down while I shower and there's the TV too"

"Thank you" Louis said, sitting on the couch and taking his phone from his back pocket

Harry put his key on the kitchen table and went to his bedroom to take a sweat, pajama bottoms and briefs. He went to the bathroom and took his shower. He left the bathroom in briefs, with a towel around his hair.

"I'm finished, if you want to shower I got you a towel and pj's" Harry said "There's probably a new toothbrush under the sink if you need one"

"Thanks" Louis got up and made his way to the bathroom. After a few minutes, Harry heard the shower and then it stopped a few minutes later.

Harry laid on his bed and started reading 'They both die at the end' by Adam Silvera. It was a really great story about two guys who met to spend their last day together.

Louis left the bathroom in pj's. The sweat was too big for him and the bottoms were too long. It would look kinda cute, if it wasn't Louis. He pointed at Harry's book.

"I read it" he said, approaching a bit Harry's bed "They die at the end"

Harry chuckled "Yeah, I figured" he said "Wanna sit?" Harry asked, looking at Louis who was standing there

"Yeah, thanks" he sat at the edge of the bed and crossed his legs. "You like it?" he said "the book"

"Yeah, I think that's a bit long to start but it's becoming more interesting along the way"

"I thought so when I read it" he said a bit shyly. "It's one of my favorite books. The ending's kinda sad though"

"I mean obviously, they die" Harry said, which made Louis chuckle

"Well" Louis cleared his throat "Good night" he stood up but he felt a hand on his wrist. He looked down at Harry's fingers around his tiny wrist, then looked up at Harry.

"I- you-" Harry stammered "the couch is not comfortable, I can sleep on it if you want. and you sleep on the bed"

Where was this kindness coming from?

"I think it's kind enough of you to let me sleep here, I don't want to take advantage of your kindness toward me" he said. Harry let go of his wrist. Louis began to walk away. Harry put his book on his nightstand.