Chapter 14

"We need to talk"

"Mum? it's three in the morning, what're you doing here?" Harry frowned, confused

"I was waiting for you" Anne said

"Outside my flat? For how long?" he asked

"I've been here since nine" she crossed her arms on her chest

"What?! And you waited outside? Why didn't you come in or call me at least?" Harry stressed out

"I was inside, Harry. I was asleep and then I heard your car. Now come in"

"Oh. Okay"

Harry and his mum walked inside and sat on the couch.

"So" Anne said, looking at Harry "Do you have something to tell me?"

Harry was confused "No...? Well, I don't think so"

"What about the fact that you lied to me about Louis" she said

Ah. So it was Louis.

"I didn't lie to you about Louis" Harry replied

"You told me he wasn't your boyfriend"

"And he's not"

Harry didn't like the way this discussion was going. Not at all.

"You were kissing when I came back into your flat" 

"We were"

"You were half naked"

"I was"

From what she saw, it was quite understandable that she wondered what his relationship with Louis was, but Harry didn't want to talk about this. And especially not with his mum

"What's happening between the two of you?"

"Oh my god, mum. Please, don't make me explain it to you" Harry said as he buried his face in his hands.

This was so embarrassing. Why were they having this conversation again? Ah. Right. Louis. It's always his fault, even if he is not here.

Anne stared at Harry with a strange look upon her face. She seemed to think about something and tried to find a way to say it. What was she even thinking about?

"Harry are you- are you a prostitute? Is he one of your clients?"

This was what she was thinking about?!

"What the fuck, mum, no!"

Right when he thought it couldn't get worse, it did get worse.

"You know I wouldn't judge you. I'd just be surprise"

"Stop, mum. Please. This is so embarrassing to have this kind of conversation with you"

"I just don't get your relationship with Louis"

"It's because there is no relationship. Can we stop talking about that?"

"Yes. Okay" she sighed "If you had a boyfriend, you'd tell me, right?"

"If it was serious then yeah"

"Okay" she smiled "I'm going to head home"

Harry frowned "You sure? It's late, you can stay here if you want. I can sleep on the couch and you can take my bed"

"Don't worry sweetheart, it's okay"

She kissed his cheek and they said goodbye before she left. Harry immediately took his clothes off and went to sleep.