A not-so-little secret -E.O

Začať od začiatku

I try not to bump into people since my daughter hates physical contact from strangers. She has no problem with children tho, is only adults that she doesn't like when they touch her without her wanting to. 

Subcouncly I think about my pregnancy and how I hated people babying me left and right. The fact that I was also taking advantage of, resulting in me being pregnant, didn't help as well. 

I raise her alone, since I don't really know who her father is, and I don't care to look for him. While my mom also helps. She works from home for her company and leaves when she wants to, because there are people that she trusts who can handle things without her there. When she retires, that company will become mine, but I plan on letting the board take care of it, while I do what she does now.

But until then, I will work regardless. I could have gotten a job at her company, but I wanted to make a name for myself, not because I'm the boss's daughter.

My father is a scumbag, he mistreated mom and me for so long, until one day. Mother had enough and left him and his sorry ass. She even got a restricting order for both me and her, so she would be sure he leaves us alone. Since then she has been freer and lighter. She became this butterfly of a person, not being tied in a cocoon anymore. It is amazing.

Now, every time I need help with little Thalia, mom comes to the rescue. She's been the biggest supporter when I told her that I'm keeping the baby. 

And lately, she is been the biggest help I could have asked her.

Truth is, I have a girlfriend. But she doesn't know about my daughter yet. I am scared of how she will react to it. I had a few girlfriends before, and all of them freaked out when I told them that I am a mother. They didn't even want to hear how I got pregnant, and just assume that I was a slut. Just sleeping around without a care in the world. This only made me be more guarded of the people I bring into my life.

We have been dating for over 5 months and is getting harder and harder to keep this secret. I just don't know how to tell her, without her freaking out. 

I've been lucky since we started dating at the end of spring, and it was easier hiding out. But now, the holidays are approaching. And I know she will want to spend Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New York together. But I can't just leave Thalia all alone. Especially on Christmas. 

She loves Christmas so much it is literally her favorite holiday. She loves the songs, the lights, the movies, just everything. Is less about the presents for her, and more about the atmosphere and love that she could feel in the air.

I just have to bite the bullet and come clean to my girlfriend. I just need the perfect moment to do it.

She also never really comes to my apartment, I just told her at first that I had a roommate, so she insists on staying at her place most of the time. This way 'my roommate can enjoy me not being there.'

"We are here cupcake." I let her down then hug her tight to my chest. "Mama will miss you." I tell her.

"I will miss you too mama." She responds.

"Remember, be a good girl and don't cause trouble." I hold eye contact with her so she knows I'm serious.

"But if the boys are mean again, I will stand up for myself." She reasons with me.

"I know you will baby." I chuckle. "Just, don't be too mean to them. Last time you made some cry." I remember and laugh slightly.

"Not my fault that he can't take the truth." She shrugs.

"Some of them can't." I agree with her. "Also, look out for Ophelia. See if the boys are mean to her again. We don't want that." I add.

"Yeah, we don't want them to make her sad again." She agrees.