let me help you

Securely her arms hooked around my waist as she allowed the breeze to blow through her golden strands. It was enough to see her so happy, so carefree. The fact that she was feeling all these things with me made my heart race. I had the power to take her out of my mind and put her in this moment, right here. Where her hands are around my waist while we fly down the street.

I hadn't taken the motorcycle for a spin for a while now. It was well overdue for a ride and it just so happened that she loved the freedom of the open breeze. So despite my mother's perfectly reasonable frets, I reassured her that I wouldn't be reckless with the damn thing like I had been known for in the past. It was a little over a year ago that I got my motorcycle and I got my kicks out of racing my friends down open highways and tearing through the streets like a madman. I've calmed down for obvious reasons since then. Surely I wouldn't put myself or Jo for that matter in that kind of danger. When you're on a motorcycle, you're always running risks by getting on the damn thing, but as long as you're aware and not pushing yourself to the limit and beyond that, you're relatively good to take such risks.

Besides, if I weren't concerned for myself, I'm still massively concerned for Jo and her wellbeing. I can't be reckless with her behind me even if I wanted to. Impulsivity can't exist when she's in the picture, otherwise, I'd be putting her in more danger than this motorcycle.

I knew the way her face would light up when I told her we'd bring the bike along for our date. I wanted to get there fast and I know this damned L.A. traffic wouldn't allow that. So with the bike, we're allowed to zip through lanes and cut our travel time down by at least half. That was just a bonus, the real reason I did it was to feel her clinging to me for safety while she tossed her head back and let the wind caress her hair. Hear her laugh ring over the engine when that adrenaline pumping through her veins made her feel alive.

Purposely taking the longer route to the mall didn't give me nearly as much time as I needed. Satisfied is something I could never be with her. Because it implies that I need nothing more from her. I always need more of her love, more of her affection, more of her soft giggles and angelic voice serenading my ears. Even though I spend countless hours by her side, I can't simply take my fill and walk off because I know I'd never get enough of her. An additional five minutes aren't going to do a damn thing, but it was worth a try.

I find a parking space close to the building so she wouldn't have to walk that far. Of course I would never tell her this out loud, but whenever she wears sandals, she tends to walk slower. I know I'm biased with my long ass legs that are almost a quarter taller than hers, so either way I'm slowing down my steps to walk beside her. Today, she's wearing white sandals to go with her dark blue jeans and matching white top. She pulls off anything she wears honestly, when it comes to her beauty, she could never do a damn thing wrong.

She swings her legs over the bike first and takes off her helmet. Steadily, my eyes stay on her as she flips her hair over to shake it out. When her gaze flicks back up, she looks at me with a confused smile. "What?" she giggles nervously.

I shake my head nonchalantly, like I don't know what my adoring gaze does to her. "Nothing, baby," I beam, taking off my own helmet and letting her fix my hair for me.

"I love your hair," she remarks as she works her fingers through it, "It's so fluffy." Her fingers ruffle my hair quickly before I give her any opposition.

Smiling, I lower my hand to her head, insinuating that I'm only going to pat her head. "I love your hair too. My little lion," I say, ruffling her strands instead. A frown crosses her face as she reaches her hand up to slap my wrist away. This time, without fucking around, I actually do fix her hair for her, much to her final delight.

With her hand clasped in mine and her other hand hooked on my arm, I walk her through the doors. I feel so fucking lucky having her by my side. Call me a prideful asshole, but every time I walk around with her and some guy glances at her only to realize that she's with me, I can't help but get some sort of ego boost. She's all mine and she deserves to be shown off. No one has a damn thing to say about it.