their secret

The feeling that I'm being watched shakes me awake. A foreign object balances between my boobs, crushing my lungs like a chunk of concrete. I look down, squinting because the sun has decided to shine extra brightly this morning, and come face to face with my chunk of concrete.

"Goddamn you're heavy," I whine, my voice still infused with exhaustion.

Beau lifts his head from his 'pillow', a.k.a. my tits. "Good morning to you too," he laughs.

I smile up at him as he lingers above me with his arms on either side of my head to support his weight. The rhapsodic effects of last night still remain present on both of our faces and in the soft ways we touch each other. Our little world feels like a seventh heaven today. The fact that no one could take this feeling away from us makes it so much more divine. "Good morning, love," I gush. He rolls his eyes in response, but the slight bite of his lip betrays his tough act.

My arms extend above my head to stretch after an unknown amount of hours he spent laying on top of me as we slept. A small croaking noise leaves my throat and my vision temporarily leaves me. I love those kinds of stretches. The ones right after you wake up that take you to a whole other dimension. It's usually followed by me getting up too fast, resulting in me feeling faint, but I'm not itching to get up anytime soon.

Once my arms come back down, I creep my hands around his torso to rest on his lower back. We're still very much naked beneath these blankets, the only exception to that being his t-shirt splaying across my body, but neither of us mind it. We've seen it all anyways. My eyes keep centered on his, lighting up with contentment as he moves down to kiss my chin. "You're adorable," he compliments.

"We just had sex last night and the first thing you call me this morning is adorable?" I have a feeling I'm going to be talking about our night a lot today. Even though we'll be at school most of the day, I won't be able to help myself from bringing it up.

School. Shit, that still exists.

"Fuck," I groan, visibly slumping over as reality hits me. The realization that I can't just spend the whole day in his arms is more profoundly shocking than it should be. Like how dare the universe not let my life revolve strictly around him. "What time is it?"

"Nooo," he mewls in complaint, burying his head in the crook of my neck so his voice comes out muffled, "I thought you'd forgotten."

I snap my head up, puzzled. "Did you purposely make us oversleep?" I accuse with a tinge of annoyance in my voice. If Kat notices Lorette at school and not me, my alibi falls to shreds and before I know it she'll be asking me all her questions. How late did we sleep? I'd be surprised if she hasn't called me yet. My ringer was off so no one would interrupt the time I have with Beau, which is limited enough.

His hair tickles my jaw when he shakes his head. "No, I only woke up a few minutes before you did," he says and I believe him.

The next few minutes pass with silence, the sounds of our soft breaths and light waves hitting the shore exempt to that rule. He crushes me under his body, but I'll withstand it for the sake of getting to feel him so close to me. We practically feel like one, connected in every way. There's still so much we have to learn about each other, so much we've yet to uncover, but last night was a huge step forward for us.

It wasn't just because we had sex for the first time, but because amid that intimacy we gave ourselves to each other. I gave him my first time. He gave me his love in return. Sex with him never went beyond lust. That's what created the track record of girls that came before me. I'm not in any place to ridicule him for that either. He did what he did and I'm not going to make him feel like shit for it. I'm just glad that I was the person that showed him sex could entail so much more. The fact that we love each other adds to the experience, the sensation of passion. I know because I felt it within myself. Fully aware that every time he looked down at me last night, it was with love. Feeling it especially when he held my hands to soothe my pain. I could still feel my heart pounding, fueling my body with blood that yearned for him. It wasn't the sex that made the night memorable, it was what we felt during it that would live in my mind forever,