the goddamn cosmo

jordyn.

The next morning, memories of last night come washing over me as I regain full consciousness. Beau's reckless driving. Our fight. Elliot's pervertedly infuriating remark. My conversation with Jake. Serenity's deathly scowl. Blaine and Luke's banter. Me and Beau not at each other's throats. 

God, what possessed me last night? 

I was hanging out with Beau and his friends and I enjoyed myself. I played along with his little game, in fact, I entertained it. I took advantage of Serenity's jealousy knowing good and well her reason for breaking things off with Beau. The nerve I had in taking his hand in mine and putting it on my leg just to play the game. Hence the question: what the hell took control over my body last night? It wasn't me. I wasn't me.

It was that goddamn Cosmo.

Yep, that was it. There's no explanation for why I would do that. Nothing about his hands on me feels good.

Right?

To rub it all in, we actually had a good conversation. One without the passive-aggressiveness or the arguing. We made jokes about me complimenting him. And I told him I would if he were nicer to me. 

Oh, please. Nowhere in my right mind would I ever pay a compliment to that narcissistic spoiled rich brat asshole. Why the hell would I lead him and myself to believe otherwise? 

I swear it was the fucking Cosmo. 

It's official, no more Cosmopolitans for Jordyn. 

Kat bursts into my room as I'm still scolding myself. From her point of view I look absolutely insane, leaning in front of my mirror, shoving a finger at myself, vowing to never ever touch any fruity little drink again. I whip myself around and face her like normal, but it's already too late. 

"Um okay," she chuckles sarcastically. "Anyways." Kat shuts my door and sits down on my bed across from me. 

I take a seat in my desk chair and ask her what she's doing in my room because she looks expectant and eager for an interrogation on me. 

"You can bullshit Mom, but you can't bullshit me," she leans forward in her seat, placing her elbows on her knees, "where'd you go last night?" she asks with a hint of accusation in her voice. 

"A party," I shrug casually.

"With who?"

"Beau. Sophie was going to be there anyways so-"

"Ah," she holds up a steady finger, "back it up there missy, don't lie to me."

I fold and unfold my hands together in anxiousness. I'm bad when it comes to lying, I'm too honest for my own good. "I'm not. Beau gave me a ride to the party."

"But you went with the intent of being with Beau the whole night." Kat raises a questioning brow. She knows damn well what happened, I'm pretty sure she's come up with her own proof, but I am not going to give her the satisfaction of seeing me crack under the pressure of "getting caught".

I shake my head and lean back nonchalantly. "Why would I want to hang out with that douchebag?" 

"I don't know." She reaches into her back pocket, retrieves her phone and starts scrolling through her feed before coming across what she was looking for. "You tell me," she answers as she calmly turns the screen towards me to show me a video someone took that sweeps over all the people sitting at the fire pit. The person is across from us, but anyone watching could make out my face as clear as day. I watch as the camera does another sweep of the couches and right at the very end when I thought things couldn't possibly look worse, Beau's hand sweeps under my chin and pulls me closer to him. The video ends there, leaving much to the roaming imagination.