Chapter 43

♖♖♖

♖♖♖

Flames erupted from one of the many fireplaces within the Ministry of Magic, the green flames burning high as a person stepped out. That person had made Voldemort's smirkish face falter, the tension was increasingly high.

"It was foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom." Dumbledore said firmly, his eyes didn't hold the usual forgiving type, no, instead his eyes looked as deadly as the time he found Y/N's name in the Goblet of Fire last year. "The Aurors are on their way."

"By which time I shall be gone, and you..." Voldemort drawled as a smirk returned to his lips, walking back just a few steps before raising his wand, "shall be dead."

Abruptly Y/N felt her body being harshly pushed to the ground by Harry's body, both of them sliding right by a pillar as a bright light in front of them shone. A large gush of wind blowing at them as they heard the fusion of two strong wizard's wands collide while grunts from Voldemort and Dumbledore echoed through the building.

Y/N didn't look, no not at all, it was not until the pillar they were leaning on began to slowly crumble above them, Voldemort had sent a few strikes their way as the duo held their head down, breaths heavy, unable to process everything happening beyond their eyes.

They watched, they watched as Voldemort suddenly cut off his wand, raising  his hands towards his mouth as flames bursted through, giant flames that then took form of a snake. Y/N felt her heartbeat picking up on pace as the snake locked eyes with both of them, she quickly gripped onto Harry's jacket, clutching against it tightly as if ready for the worse.

At that moment, Dumbledore moved right in front of them, casting a spell right at the snake as it flung its head up in pain, the loud roar it emitted as another big gush of wind filled the building.

The flames were no longer in the form of a snake instead it became an explosion, an explosion that exploded right at Voldemort but he managed to deflect it. Dumbledore took this moment and with a flick of his wand the water from the fountain soared up into the sky, following the exact motion of his wand.

The water twisted and turned before splashing right on top of Voldemort, trapping the Dark Wizard Dumbledore turned the water into a ball, a ball that trapped Voldemort within.

Slowly, Y/N and Harry got back up to their two feet, using the leftover strength they have to walk right by Dumbledore, watching him use all his might to hold the water ball in place.

Suddenly, a loud grunt sounded as Voldemort slashed the Water Ball open, the next thing Y/N and Harry felt was the impact of their fall onto the hard reflective ground as the water splashed right on the ground, revealing Voldemort completely unharmed.

With another raise of his wand and a grunt from Voldemort, spells once more collided with each other, Voldemort's wand emitting a black spell while Dumbledore deflected it.