Chapter 42

*play the song above when mentioned to, it'll contribute to the feeling/emotion (optional)

Song: hold on (chord overstreet) - slowed

♖♖♖

There was a empty archway in the distance, some sort of smoke soaring around it, the place they fell in was eeriely empty, no one visible except for them.

Whispers, rang through Y/N's ears. Soft whispers, voices. It seemed like it was coming from the archway, or was it?

"The voices." Harry spoke, he too was staring at the archway. Slowly, he and Y/N walked towards the archway, some sort of magnetic force brought their feet to move towards it.

"Can you tell what they're saying?" Y/N asked as Harry made small movements to shake his head, their gazes still stuck on the odd archway.

"There aren't any voices..." Hermione said with a hint of concern in her voice as she glanced over her surroundings, "let's get out of here."

"I hear them too." Luna sounded as they got closer towards the empty archway.

"Y/N, Harry. It's just an empty archway." Lizzy chimed in, her tone too filled with concern, "Please, can we find a way out of here?"

Suddenly, there was a low rumble coming from above them, instinctively both Y/N and Harry had raised their wands towards the sound, their other hand gripping tightly on their prophecy orbs.

"Get behind us!" Y/N ordered as everyone followed suit, everybody's wands now raised to the source of the sound, ready to fire at any moment.

But it wasn't enough, a sudden big black shadow mist soared through the group, covering all of them as their views were entirely blocked by the black mist, a few grunts were heard but that was it as everybody tried to squirm away from the black mist, though nothing worked.

The black mist was strong, it trapped them, it was everywhere. It was until Y/N felt the impact of the side of her arm with the ground did she realise she had tripped. SHe curled herself in a ball, protecting herself from the black mist, her wand gripped tightly on her right hand with her prophecy on the left.

A few seconds past and the mist was gone, slowly lifting her eyelids she began to register everything around her. The only person within her sight was Harry, he too had curled himself onto the ground.

Slowly she got up, realising that her friends were no longer close to her, no, not at all. Instead, when everything came into view she felt her heart drop. Surrounding her in a circle, were her friends, but not just her friends, her friends that were each being held tightly by a death eater, wands right up to their necks.

She heard a soft whimper, a whimper that made her wand raise, "don't you dare hurt her!" Y/N threatened as she watched on of the death eaters, pulling onto Hermione's hair harshly, her wand made a movement, her mouth about to part before an abrupt tug on her back was felt, stopping her from cursing the deatheater.