Chapter 7

♖♖♖

♖♖♖

It had been only a few minutes after Y/N had had her outburst of anger at the dinner table, she was sitting on the floor, her back leaned against the edge of the bed while she had the back of her head fully pressed onto the bed, her eyes shut, trying to get herself to calm down.

She didn't know why, her temper had grown to be very fragile ever since the occurrence back in June 24th, she didn't know if the main reason for it was because of the Dursleys, or it was another reason, that she was afraid to admit.

She knew ever since third year that she had shared blood with the Dark Lord, but it never really affected her personality or temper up until he returned, now she knew it couldn't be a contributing factor to her temper, but at this point she really doesn't know.

She'd always found herself acting out of emotion, saying things she didn't mean out of temper, she wasn't a fan of it, but she couldn't control it. The past years, she'd always be quite calm and collective, but now, she was the total opposite.

Especially back at the dinner, she knew she had a right to be mad, but still, she didn't expect herself to have an outburst right in front of so many people whom she just met, it's like the Voldemort blood is finally kicking in. What if she was turning just like him.

What if she'll turn out to become just like Voldemort? Cold blooded, murdering people, having no mercy whatsoever. She couldn't imagine it of course, but what if, her temper gets ahead of her?

She was so consumed on her own thoughts she hadn't heard the click sounding from the door, or the door being slowly pushed open. Instead, it was the sound of a voice that had finally tore her away from her trance and return back to reality.

"Y/N?" the door slowly creaked open, she didn't need it to open fully to know who it was, just by the voice and strands of bushy hair was all she needed to know who was standing behind that door.

The door was now fully opened, revealing Hermione standing at the door shyly, she had a plate of food in her hands, but as the Ravenclaw lifted her gaze up to her face, their eyes didn't connect as the bushy-haired girl kept her gaze down onto the plate in her hands.

"You left before dinner started..." Hermione mumbled out softly, her head still lowered, "I thought you'd prefer to eat here, so I brought you some food."

Despite how much the Ravenclaw wanted to be alone, she couldn't get herself to kick the bushy-haired girl out, but she didn't know how to respond either as she just sat there, letting the awkward tension in the air grow thicker and thicker.

A sigh coming from Hermione had broke the awkward silence as she placed the plate of food onto the desk beside her, still not locking her gaze with the Ravenclaw at all, "I can sleep at Lizzy and Ginny's room tonight, if that's a better option for you-"