I, The Broken Instrument

... Chapter One.

I, the BROKEN instrument.
my story.

• current location
Mali Forest, Outskirts of a small town.

P
O
W
!

It sounded like a loud beam or gun shots. He shoved his foot into my stomach, kicking me into the stomach as my fragile body rolled down the mountain out the Forest.

I'd grunt as I woke up with my clothes muddy showing different shades of brown, I had a 7 inch scar on my leg, going to my knee and ankle and a gruesome ache of pain coming from my rib cage.

* Shrrrkkkk, the sounds my long T shirt made tearing the sleeve's off the shirt *

Id take the sleeves, wrapping it around my injured leg, then getting up and dragging my leg, holding one arm to my stomach, I'd look back and forth, glaring into the forest hearing weird growls throughout the forest.

The Sun raised as I walked into a small town, my hands were painted in blood, finger nails missing and some were stained black, the chain with a ring on it that I once wore around my neck ended up being worn around my finger.

My pain worsened.

I walked into the small village seeing little to no people but I also saw food stands including apple pies and shiny apples, I'd drag my deadbeat body throughout the town as people stared.

Random girl: " Mommy, what's wrong with that boy, can we help him ?" The little girl questioned.

Random Mom: " Sweetheart, dont look." She said she covering her daughters eyes.

I walked up the apple stand trying to speak to the owner.

No words came from my dried out lips and dehydrated mouth.

May I have a apple ? Please. I asked, my voice disappeared and the words that escaped were as low as an dogs whimper.

The Owner eyeballed me then began to side eye me, brushing me away.

The Owner: " Go away, your ruining my establishment."

I never been this far away from my house nor have I ever met anyone else, I'd glance left then glance right as my eyes shinned a glossy red in the sun.

* Swreshhhh, I grabbed the apple and ran dragging my leg, skipping *

The Owner: " HEY! THAT KID IS A THIEF !" The the owner yelled.

I felt a sharp pain, my leg got failed as I hit the floor.

I'd look down at my leg as it began to be bleed, the town guardsmen began to chase after me.

I raised back to my feet.

* Flunk, I was grabbed to the side of a house *