Chapter 29

Flashback

Hashir's P.O.V

It was almost three months that Dua left me after breaking my heart into pieces. I wasn't stupid to believe her father's games. I knew whatever she did must be forced. I knew my Dua wasn't like this. She never wanted my money. She loved me and she wasn't gonna betray me like it.

I tried every possible way to talk to her. I called her everyday, used to send her thousands of texts a single day begging her to talk to me for once. I even started stalking her. She hardly left the house as it was summer vacation. But whenever she did I made sure to follow her. But I never got a chance to corner her alone and have a chat with her.

Three months passed like this and finally I got the chance which I craved. I received an invitation of a business party as I was also a grandson of an influential businessmen and a brilliant doctor. I knew Dua's father was also invited to this party. But he had to go on a business trip on the same weekend.

But he was a leech and I knew he wasn't going to miss this opportunity to trap new investors. So he'll send someone in his place. And who else can go in his place? Of course it was going to be Dua. His daughter.

The day finally arrived and I went to the party. It was late at night and I knew exactly what kind of party it was gonna be and I hated such events. But I had to do it for her.

I sat in the corner and started waiting for her. An hour passed. Music was getting loud and people were getting drunk while I was sitting unfazed waiting for her arrival.

Finally she showed up and I sighed in relief. I was loosing hope that she's gonna come since she also hated such parties just like me.
She wore a beautiful silver gown with silver heels. Her dress was by far the modest dress anyone was wearing that night. It wasn't at all revealing nor it showed her curves for which I was greatful. Since this place wasn't somewhere any respectable lady wants to be.

All the woman present here were either to trap rich businessmen or dancers or the wives of some rich brat looking for good time pass.

I knew she was uncomfortable the second she walked in. I wanted to hide her in my embrace from all the lustful stares she was receiving and I exactly did that.

I moved toward her who was standing awkwardly talking to a bald man who was checking her out openly. I grabbed her hand and dragged her toward the secluded corner where I was sitting away from everyone's gaze.

She tried to free herself but didn't protested much since we were standing in the middle where everyone's attention was already on us and she didn't wanted to create an unnecessary drama.

When we were away from everyone's sight she glared at me and snatched her hand back from my grip and I let her go.

"What the hell is your problem?"
She growled and I chuckled at her face. She looked like an angry kitten.

"You're my problem."
I declared smugly and ordered some non-alcoholic drinks for us.

"I made it clear last time that I don't want to keep any relation with you. I don't even want to see your face. When will you stop bothering me?"
She spoke and I gritted my teeth at her blatant disrespect.

Maybe I was wishful to think that she was forced but she did it willingly yet her eyes told me she was lying and she did love me.

"You're lying."
I scoffed and before she could say something. The waiter brought our drinks.