Chapter 10

Flashback continued......

"About what I said that day about my feelings. It was all true."

He stated and I already knew that he was telling the truth because Hashir Wali khan never lied to me or to anyone.
"I know Wali"
I whispered.
"But it's not right."
I added after a minute of silence looking directly into his hazel eyes and he looked at me frowning.

"Why is it wrong?"
He asked and now I was afraid to answer his questions. Nevertheless I had to answer them.
"My father will never agree to this alliance. Nor your father will. And I'm only eighteen. I can't think about it right now. You should forget me."
I choked out these words with difficulty. It really hurted me to say these words because whatever he feels for me I feel the same if not more.

"And what about you? I know you love me too."
He said and I looked at him shocked.
"I don't"
I replied curtly hoping that he doesn't caught my lie. But the luck was against me because he caught my wrist and pulled me towards him.

I was very close to him. Only an inch distance was left between us. I tried to free my wrist but he tightened his hold on my hand.
"Look into my eyes and say that you don't love me. I'll never come in your way again."
He said in his thick voice sending chills down my spine.

I was sitting numb. I knew that I couldn't lie anymore. So I decided to tell him the truth. What worse can actually happen but I didn't knew that my one truth will change our lives.
"I love you too"
I whispered looking into his eyes. I freed my hand from his hold and ran away from there to Agha jaan's room oblivious to the fact that someone was listening to our whole conversation.

......................

                    Hashir's P.O.V

It's been a month since she said that she loved me and I was feeling ecstatic. I knew she felt same. I just wanted to hear that she do and when she confessed I was over the moon. After the confession things were really awkward between us and I wasn't liking it so I decided to talk to her when I see her next time

I was sitting in my car going back to Haveli for the weekend when my phone rang. It was an unknown caller. First I ignored it but when it kept ringing I decided to attend it.
"W...Wali is..s th..at yo... you?"
Came the voice which I can recognise anywhere. But her voice seemed very stressed and I felt restless hearing her because I could sense that something was wrong.
"Yes Dua. Its me. Are you alright?"
I asked immediately.

"Wali. I.....I Agha jaan. Hospital..."
She replied in muffled tone and she was sobbing continuously with hiccups. Now I was seriously worried because I couldn't understand a word she was saying.
"Dua love. Calm down. Okay. Take deep breaths. Now tell me what happened."
I replied in calm tone but inside I was feeling restless.

"Wali Agha....a  jaan....n, He...... He had a heart attac....ck. I'm..m in c....city hos....pital... Please...ee come fast...t"

She said hiccuping and it was enough to snatch the ground underneath my feet.
"I'm coming."
I said and cut the call and drove madly toward the hospital. I didn't know how many signals I've broken in the way or how fast I'm driving. I reached hospital in thirty minutes while it was two hours drive.

Everyone in the reception knew me as I was a doctor So it wasn't difficult to search which ICU Agha jaan was shifted too.
When I reached there I saw a broken looking Dua sitting on the waiting area outside the ICU.