Chapter 27

Dua's P.O.V

"I'm missing you so much you know. Mum misses you too. She just went out crying as she couldn't see you lying here anymore. Please come back to us. For me for her. Please!"
I sobbed sitting in front of my brother's bed. The bed where he had been lying in a coma since past five and half year.

When he went into the coma, doctors told us that they aren't certain if he'll ever wake up or not. First two years were most difficult. I always kept my phone close to me thinking that maybe I'll receive a call from hospital informing me that Uzair Bhai woke up. But it never happened. Then as the years go by, my hopes also dimmed. And now I'm starting to think that maybe he'll never wake up and these thoughts are scary.

Now there's only one person who's still hopeful than ever that my brother will wake up and that's my mother. During all these years, she never lost hope. She visits Uzair bhai daily at the hospital. She spends hours sitting near his bed and talking to him in hopes that he'll wake up and hug her.

But I can see that she's also turning weak now. A person can only bear till a limit. And the pain of loosing a child is what I can fully understand as I've gone through that too but I know my pain wasn't that much than hers. After all my child wasn't even born when I lost him but my mother lost her twenty years old son. And that does make a difference. But still it hurts and it hurts a lot.

"You know Wali and me are now on good terms. I promise I'll take him with me to meet you the next time I visit."
I spoke caressing his hair which had turned longer than I remembered the last time I visited him. And a soft smile made it's appearance on my face as I remembered how annoyed Bhai always got whenever I touched his hair.

"There won't be a need as I'm already here."
A loud voice echoed in the hospital room and I flinched in surprise. I turned my back towards the door from where the voice came and to my horror Hashir was standing there leaning at the door.

I was frozen at my spot and I didn't know what to do. I didn't know when he came inside the room and if he heard my conversation or not. But from the looks of it I can guess he had heard enough. I looked at his face to judge his reaction but his face looked blank. He didn't seem angry, nor surprised or disappointed.

"What else you've hidden from me my little wife? Tell me?"
He said blankly coming towards me in short steps and I got up from the chair. But I didn't know how to reply or if I should reply or not.

Before I could say a word, he engulfed me in a hug in a sudden unexpected move and I gasped in surprise. I was expecting a scolding, a cold shoulder or maybe a harsh comment but I wasn't expecting it.

He encircled his arms around my waist while burying his face in the crook of my neck while I kept my face on his chest. Suddenly a swarm of emotions hit me and I started sobbing.

I realized I really needed that hug at the moment and Hashir gave it to me without questioning me. He let me sob on his chest till I calmed down without saying anything just caressing my hair softly. When I was stable enough he released me from the hug and wiped my tears. I couldn't stand in that room anymore and Hashir too realised it. So he held my wrist and dragged me out of the room. I followed him like a lost puppy all the while lost in my own thoughts.

He took me to the parking lot and held open the door of his car for me. I sat inside it silently and he closed my door and went to the driving seat.

"I have to inform my mother and friends that I'm going otherwise they'll be worried."
I spoke huskily as my voice was rough due to crying.

I had come with my friends and my mother was already here. They took my mother out to make her eat something because she was feeling very weak due to constant crying while I stayed with Uzair bhai as I needed some alone time with him.