Chapter Two: Drapes And Smoke

We are who we are...nothing changes our true nature, nothing can describe us better than ourselves .

-Laura Kane

The present.

"That's revolting" her voice swept past the large room, a swift echo that rang gloriously in everyone's ears. The many faces present merely stood still, stoping whatever they were doing, trying so hard to conceal their emotions. No one dared to speak for it wasn't in their place to do so, for they knew better. At that point on, a hushed silence followed as everyone looked at the source of the erupted chaos.

The young lady in question bowed her head low, she couldn't even look up. Her body was shaking...her feet were failing her and no clear words could be formed from her stuttering lips.

"Get it out of my sight, before I pin it down with your resignation" the later hissed, her voice calm and drooling but so damn cold. It's effects ran across the many other employees who stood beside their projects, they shuddered unknowingly. It had only been the first dress.

She was in a generous mood today.

The young lady flustered her silk embroidery and sets of jewels before hurriedly leaving the room. Her flustered steps making an echo across the marble floors. And she hated it.

Maybe I should just fire her.

Lara Cadillan was not what people thought she was. Entirely.

Though the phrase may still have an arguing point, it was clearly evident for those who went to work at Lara's Designs. She didn't like mistakes, let alone any form of error. And she definitely didn't like any excuses.

Her past deviated from her model days in LA to her designers' travels in Europe and Australia and her studies at Oxford University. Following up on what it actually meant to be a fashion icon, a bussiness woman and a celebrity for that matter.

She was bold, her feminism never subjected to fault or critiscm, not if she had something to say about it. She'd proved them wrong and had taken the fashion world by its balls, and the bussiness realm by its head when she'd been given the chance. She knew how it felt to be undermined, to be solely looked upon because of the rich family she came from or simply became she was a woman and not because of the talents she had.

Hence she'd made her own name, and knowing how hard it had been, she wasn't ready to give her critics anything more to say. Not alone give her employees anything short of it.

Considering the fact that they had all shut up.

She turned around, the drapes of a gorgeous lavender silk attire hunging on her shifting with grace and elegance. She lifted her head slightly to look at the entire room full of designers, her head held high, theirs merely avoiding her gaze.

"We have expectations here. What we do doesn't fit just as the best, it's more than that. I don't want simple ideas you'd drawn when you were in a basement. I want enlightment...I want different".

Her tone created the emphasis needed. She could sense they were grasping what she was onto. She depicted a smile as she went on.

"I'm giving you all a weeks turn to get at least an idea. I don't know where you're going to get it, frankly I don't care. I want each and everyone one of you to surprise me with something better than the best" and with that she turned to Alicia Fox the manager in charge and they both smiled as they continued with their inspection.

"You do know that a week's not enough to cut it, right? " Lucia asked.

"Yes and I also happen to be hosting the annual Cadillan fundraiser next week so yeah, there's that too" Lara answered