Waves

Waves build and fall, shattering pieces to the rocks. Crave what you love once it's gone. Our own choices, our damned downfall.

-Adrian Legacy, An attempt at poetry.

Some ways down the road...

The soft trebble of the waves was a sight to behold, more so in the sunset just before the sound of the waves clashing against the laden rocks below them made it look pointless. The thought that from such beauty came a profound sense of chaos hinted inside his own mind. Soothed him in a peculiar way. Aided him in forgetting the simple truth, he was sitting there, alone.

He was a long way from home.

Why would it go through so much just to shatter it all away, seemed to be added to a tedious list of unanswered questions in his mind.

Meaningless. Pointless. As was his life as of recent form. There were points, perhaps simple parts of life when someone seems to think they've achieved all that was in their capability. But to throw it all away, either with a divine cause or utter bullshit, was just a glorified way of expressing one's idiocy. A ridiculous attempt at salvation. Just like waves building from a single ripple only to shatter at the mercy of some rock.

Loosing it all. Shattering pieces. Redemption.

Depends on what you lose, he thought to himself.

What had he lost?... he felt like he'd lost everything though he could name only one...her and for some unknown reason that was enough for him to sit on a sandy beach watching the waves reflecting the magnificent sunset completely unfazed by the recent calamity that had befallen his world and think as to why the hell it mattered if waves shattered in the end.

But that wasn't the end was it...right?

Waves always rebuild themselves. There's always one more ripple left. And God knows it's enough.

It was pointless though for he knew that she'd be leaving anytime soon. His past had caught up to him and did what it usually did, destroyed everything he held dear.

It was all over and his ever tactical mind revealed his emotional flaws once more so he stood up slowly, took a deep breath and let his gaze wander off to the distant reminiscing the scene one last time.

He'd had his own share of waves, hell, he could even argue he'd spent an eternity with them. The path was always the same, he'd rebuild again, hopefully shatter again.

Funny, I thought it'd last a bit longer.

He smiled at the thought. He knew he was looking at the whole thing in a wrong perspective. He just had to sit and think...

Sometimes, you just have to stop thinking Adrian, just let it all out. It's easy...really easy.

Her voice came to him, a tantalising whisper carried by the strong gush of wind that swept past him. His greatest adversary was emotion, it undermined all he ever stood up for, it made his logic sound like a joke. But it always hit him when he least expected it. And always left him scarred.

He couldn't give in to it though, twice was enough. Enough for his mind to rake itself inside out. Enough for his heart to bleed to death, literary.

His conscious was free now, liberal in all aspects, he thought. Even though something inside him told him he was desperately trying to lie to himself., he decided to ignore it. He had urgent matters to tend to, this could wait.

He would not let three simple words ruin all he'd ever achieved. Not even when they'd meant so much to him.

Not even when I'd wanted to  hear them so desperately .

***

"Does running away make it easier?"

The question still rung inside her mind, refusing to leave her in peace. She would only simply close her eyes and she would see him right in front of her, his scent itching her nostrils, his fingers slowly crawling through her body, accurately enough as his voice became more audible and clearer than ever. But Camilla couldn't find an answer that was enough for her, or for the both of them.

Running away had always been her last resort. She'd found it easier to leave than run straight into the fire, to escape the torment than welcome the pain. It had always worked, she'd always survived. So why was she not so sure now?

Then again, she wasn't so sure about a lot of things at the moment. Her uncertainty becoming a regular milestone in her recent experiences.

She only sighed and turned her attention to the pilots talking just a few feat from where she stood. They would soon allow her to board the plane and that would be goodbye to everything.

The pilots still grumbled over something until one finally walked up to her, with the dreaded news that their flight was on hold. Not to worry though, he added, it was all a swift procedure. The entire flight was being cross checked all over again.

She smiled as he talked, making sure to hide her depressed self from him and thanked him when he was done. He took the hint and nodded before leaving her alone again.

She headed for the lounge, coffee, she really needed coffee.

Too much of that'll kill you one day, his mocking voice came back again. Haunting her,  punishing her mind more and more. She almost screamed out loud, her frustration edging towards its tipping point. And as she took a couple of steadied breaths, she looked up to see a bewildered waitress. She didn't ask nothing though, she simply handed her the coffee with a smile in place. Camilla smiled back.

As she walked away to her seat a million thoughts raced inside her mind. But oddly enough she knew her answers were due soon. Very soon.

She sighed before she let her thoughts ramble on again.

God, what the hell did I get myself into this time.