2• THE TWO

I CAN'T CARRY ANOTHER LIFELESS BODY,  BESIDES MY OWN.  I TRIED BUT I KNEW I WOULDN'T.

The snow covered my eyelashes frozen white, my muscle Sting as I walk, they burn , I exhaustively Carry this lifeless body , God help me to find something , I beg , anything  or our bodies will be found underneath a snow mountain. My face is dry,  my lips can’t  be apart,  they are sealed close up.  Sweat and tears freeze , my skin is kissed  deadly  with the wind who carries snow flakes that glued to be like honey would.

I don’t think I can handle another mile.

 There and now I stop,  my weak arms can’t drop her body but I have no more strength  to carry on.

I tried.

Something in the way her skin glows with the moon light tells me to keep walking,  so I keep going.

I Finally reach the door handle made out of wood,  I push open the door, in consequences the cold windy storm enters . leaving foot marks with snow in the floor,  appreciate the warm atmosphere inside with small prayers .

Lied her body down in hopes to give her comfort and heat pulling the covers and blankets to warm her it, I notice that won’t be enough , and despair hits me, my eyes begin to search for something  that could help,  help faster,  as  I look around the kitchen, I see a a kettle to heat water.

Had to  cut trough  her T-shirt to identify the wounds that I could  have missed before, clean the injuries that judged no to be as serious as the others.

Half hour later I see the small but homey contradiction we are in, a small,  tiny house where everything looks near to a hand stretch.  A single bed is all there is,  the kitchen has the essential and near is a small place I could name as living room with the absence of a couch just an empty space with an old 1980s TV .  Checked her temperature who is through the roof, she shacks calmly inflicting me the fear of a seizure,  I prepare cold towels to help and did, moments later I found myself looking after her sleeping.

In curiosity I open the kitchen cabinets and find them filled with food of all source same as the fridge blown open with vegetables, meat and many, many eggs.

—     Who lives here?  – I asked myself, the lack of décor jumps to the sight , the walls expose the light wood they are made of,,  everywhere from the floor to the roof in shape of a triangle.  I seek for a chair to seat and take to the living room,  pick the remote control and my expectations come true to find no signal,  I presume is due to the storm outside heading here. Thank god I found this place,  I look away from the tv organizing my thoughts when a new one comes in. It’s close to 1AM,  my stomach hurts although I’m used to it.

{  •  }

My tongue caress my teeth and the roof of mouth that has a bitter iron taste,  a dry desert at the beginning. Cold seems to go through me as I attempt to move my feet, my closed eyes feel a certain breeze within my eyelashes, when I open them with blurry gray vision all I see is  darkness.

Smells like rain and wet wood, a new aroma comes along, acid, citric, maybe oranges.

My torso slowly elevates from the mattress and an extreme amount of pain strikes inside my flesh, made me believe my bones were shattered and I gasp for air unsuccessfully I let out a scream.

I screamed out of fear,  my vision got darker in a instant, a shadow comes near me and the heat of its body comes near to my body to the point where I feel the touch in my back

—slowly, slowly it’s okay. You are hurt,  lay down and rest. – My body is lied down,  my hands grab the sheets as a way to help me dealing with the pain.