The Japan team didn't even think much of it. They were taken aback by their captain's abrupt decision, but they knew this was also for their own good because they would get well-deserved rest from the burn out of all games today. They were already set for the finals anyway with their 3 wins. An additional win or a single intentional loss wouldn't affect the outcome. Besides, the starters already saw it coming, especially since before the game versus USA, their captain told them to have fun, "It is our last game today, after all."

The volleyball players who were invited to watch this event were stunned to even give their own reactions. Ginjima saw this coming, though. With the way Seinaru glanced at Hemmings in the bleachers earlier before her game versus USA, it was obvious it would come to a conclusion like this. However, this was something that he and everyone else definitely didn't expect from her.

She's kind, honorable, and perfect in every way. But it seems that Youth World Basketball's publications about her is correct. She is a monster. An unrelenting force to be reckoned with.

The Generation of Miracles weren't all that surprised. This was the kind of behavior they were used to, especially since their own captain, Seijuro Akashi has a similar personality. But it definitely was something that left them quite taken aback. Akashi finally understood everything she said earlier that day, along with Utsui's supporting qualms.

"Victory is being in control." Her wintry tone resonates through his skull.

Then Utsui's voice rings in his ears as the memory from earlier today replays itself inside his head.

"Hey Akashi..." She gave Akashi a backwards glance.

The prodigy with Emperor-eyes looks at her. "Hmm?"

"You're right. Our victory is certain." She says, indirectly letting Akashi know that she heard what he said earlier because she was there the entire time.

"Because she's in control."

It makes Akashi's claims to be absolute shameful. Because, he realizes, he was beneath her. And with that, even though this girl tries so hard to deny it, the tenacious reality cannot be changed.

She is a deity far more superior than Kami-sama.

-

While the whole world was in chaos because of what just happened, the protagonist was looking over the balcony of the Olympic house's second floor at half-past 5 in the afternoon, blue and green eyes with heterochromia relishing the peaceful environment that lied in front of her.

"A part of me knew you were going to do that." A voice disturbs her peace, making her unconsciously let out a dissatisfied hum.

"I made it obvious, of course you knew." She answers Utsui who was leaning on the frame of the balcony entrance.

The brunette grunts in agreement, eyes carefully looking over her best friend's figure. "I suspected the moment we watched their quarter-finals game. You wanted to see if she's a worthy opponent in the finals. And when you did, you orchestrated the competition from that point forward."

Seinaru's eyes remained still as she lets out a humorless laugh. "I didn't orchestrate it."

"It was... inevitable." She watches as the cherry blossom tree in the backyard sways along with the wind as the sunset shines its orange and yellow hues upon it.

"So, I simply gave it a little nudge, to ensure it'd happen."

Utsui stayed silent as she observed her best friend. Seinaru notices her lingering gaze and looks behind her. She meets Utsui's eyes. "What is it?"