Recounting the Revolution

AN: Keep in mind, there is what really happened and then there's how Sinbad tells it 😄

Perhaps if people are interested in the real deets of the battles in Parthevia, I can post a spinoff covering it, but did not cover that amount of depth here since I wanted to keep the focus on Reader's journey. I promise I wasn't lazy and just said "this sounds like good aftermath" without working through how things got that way. Quite the opposite. There was what happened, then how Sin perceived the events, then finally how he portrayed the events 😅 But at least it made it so I could consolidate things in a hopefully satisfying manner.

His eyes close as he brings your hand up to his lips and bestows a kiss upon the back of it. Those golden eyes of his flutter open as he charmingly stares right into yours. "What would you wish?"

~*~

They had been forced into a corner and could run no further. Just in time a beacon of hope sliced through the darkness. Princess Serendine and her attendants gazed up at the lightning bolt of blue that was Sinbad the Conqueror using his djinn, Baal, to ward off the threat.

Accompanied by his dragon comrade, Drakon, they fought off the Heavenly General that sought his dark master's will of destruction. The general was no match for the power of Baal! Although seemingly immortal, Zayzafon was rendered asunder by celestial lightning that separated the armor his soul animated. The pieces scattered across the land , never to be reunited.

The Resistance was able to escape to safety before Barbarossa's reinforcements arrived.

Over time, the Resistance freed more and more citizens from death's sentence, gaining the support of the people. Those liberated hid in camps in remote locations while those not yet carted away from their homes merely pretended to support Barbarossa's Nationalist Party.

They were extremely useful in locating supplies to distribute among the populace. With the help of Rotter and his control of rats, hoards were raided without a trace. However, his fellow remaining generals grew wary of him. He was sent to prove his loyalty by confronting the Resistance. Returning empty handed was not an option.

He was easy to defeat, but the Resistance heard his pleas. Mercifully, they faked his death, but in reality kept him close, still using his network of rats for intel on their enemy. The adversaries were none the wiser.

On the anniversary of his election, Barbaorssa made a tour across Parthevia with the guise of being a caring leader. His true purpose was to search out those that opposed him and put an end to them by any means necessary.

Sections between cities left a tempting vulnerability to attack that the Resistance took up. Falan rode with him and signaled when he had nodded off for an afternoon nap across an empty plain.

Sinbad had kept an eye on the progression, following in the distance. With the signal he rose into the air, fully enveloped by Baal's blessing. Sending a lightning bolt with the power of ten armies hurling towards the carriage, all hoped this would make for a quick ending to the nightmare.

Knowing it was coming, Falan was able to protect herself with a magic barrier at the moment of impact. A crater the size of a lake remained. Falan floated to the edge and looked down at the incinerated carriage. Sinbad, Serendine, and Judar joined her side.

As the smoke cleared, they saw that the occupants survived! Memphis, sensing the incoming threat, was able to wake Barbarossa and pull him to safety. The two took on only a portion of the damage intended due to their distance from the hit at time of impact.

Weakened but determined, Barbarossa donned his djinn, Gusion. He and Sinbad fought head to head. Barbarossa switched to equip Glasya-Labolas and poured a mysterious fog out from his axe's blade. Sinbad changed to Focalor, instantly calling upon a torrent gale to blow it away before the tyrant could hide and escape under its cover.