Chapter 25: Million To One

Start from the beginning

The most touching part was that this was all set up by Percy. 

"So, do you like it?" Percy asked softly. He stood next to me, and his eyes were shining with love and hope as his gaze locked onto mine.

I kissed him passionately. All of this proved how much he cared about me. It proved how important and special I was to him. 

"I'll take that as a yes," Percy breathed with a smirk. 

We ended up playing Finding Nemo. The food was not bad. He had bought the food cause he couldn't cook, but it didn't matter.

The night was filled with laughter, conversation, and fun. 

I told Percy about my mom while he told me about his dad. The exchange of our deepest secrets and most difficult aspects of our lives was enough to bring us closer. 

"I'm so glad that we're together, Wise Girl. I'm not the best boyfriend, but I'm going to try to be the best for you," Percy whispered later while driving me home. 

In my opinion, he seemed like the perfect boyfriend. 

However, I didn't want to inflate his confidence. I smiled to myself as I thought of all the ways that he'd work to prove himself to me. 

I silently promised that I'd show my love to him as well, preferably for the rest of our lives. 

***

"Hello, Mr. Chase, it's good to see you again, Sir," Percy said firmly. 

Percy was picking me up for a dinner. All of our friends had scheduled a dinner together as a way of destressing from school.

"I don't think that we've ever met, Percy," my dad affirmed. They both walked into the living room together. I smirked as Percy's face paled at his mixup.

"Err, I just meant that it's nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you and how much you mean to Annabeth," Percy covered. 

Technically, Percy had already met my dad when he was in my body. Of course, my dad didn't know that. Clearly, Percy was tired and not thinking properly. Or, he was just being a Seaweed Brain. 

"I've heard quite a lot about you too, Percy," my dad said kindly. 

"All good, I hope," Percy said with a smile. Percy was great at interacting with people even in a situation where he was nervous.

"For the most part," my dad said. 

"Dad, come on," I expressed to his amusement. I was ready to go, and I was excited to have a good night. 

I was glad that we set up a fun night because Percy, especially, really needed it. 

Ever since qualifying for States, he's been working so hard with swimming and school as well as other activities (such as interviews with recruiters). 

Percy would have his choice of schools due to being a star athlete and having fair enough grades. 

"All right, honey, have fun tonight. However, not too much fun," my dad said with a smile. "Also, Percy, if you ever hurt my daughter-"

"That will never happen, Sir," Percy said firmly. 

My dad smiled in approval as my gaze intensified on Percy. He was smiling as he took my hand and led me outside. We quickly got in and started driving. 

"Oh, Seaweed Brain, can we make a quick stop somewhere?" I asked. 

"Sure, Wise Girl, anything for you tonight. Where do you want to go?" Percy expressed charmingly. 

I smiled as I told him the destination. 

Percy and I had our whole future ahead of us, and we were ready for it. Note that I said our future because I knew that Percy would be there the entire time. 

We'd love each other. Always. 

After all, when we swapped lives, we cared for each other even when we despised each other. I guess that I still had one person to thank. 

That's why I was standing in the Ancient Artifacts Museum in the Greek/Roman hallway. I stared at the two-faced, stone statue with intrigue. I smiled as all of the good and bad memories washed over me. Those moments led me to the wonderful life and amazing people that I had now.

"You ready to go, Wise Girl. While I love your body, I don't want Mr. Janus to swap our lives again," Percy said firmly. 

His hand wrapped around my waist as we gazed at the artifact. 

"You love my body, huh?" I asked slyly. 

"I knew that you'd say something," Percy chuckled. "Anyway, come on, we're going to be late for dinner. The gang is gonna think that we're late because we were making out again." 

Percy was smiling as I laughed and took his hand in mine. 

"Yeah, I'm ready," I said firmly. 

His hand enclosed around mine gently. A reassuring warmth spread through my body as we started walking away. I turned my head towards the stone artifact one more time. 

 Thank you, Janus, for helping me find the love of my life. 

समाप्त - The End - ముగింపు