Chapter 12: Beautiful People

Percy POV (in Annabeth's body)

Signing up for the talent show was pretty straightforward. I had to simply put my name, Annabeth Chase, down on the form online.

I also had to write what I'd need during my performance. 

I picked a pretty powerful song that I really liked. I assumed that Annabeth also knew and connected with the song as well. During the performance, I'd need the music for the song, and a piano so that Thalia could join me on stage. 

I figured it would help to have a friend with me. 

And, if Annabeth and I switched back before the talent show in 3 weeks exactly (which was unlikely), then she'd have her best friend by her side. 

"I'm so glad that you finally decided to show your voice," Thalia commented. 

She was driving us both to the mall because Piper and Hazel wanted to go shopping. Piper was Jason's girlfriend, so I (Percy) knew her fairly well. 

I'd have to not be suspicious or spill anything while shopping. At least, now, I'd know why and how girls shopped so much. 

"Well, I guess that I just felt inspired. I wanted to do something different, you know."

"Yup, I understand," she said firmly.

It only took a few more minutes for us to reach the mall. There wasn't any traffic on Saturday, and we got lucky. 

"Thalia, why are we even shopping?" I asked. 

"Piper wants some new clothes for the party today. Obviously, we'd probably be shopping even if there wasn't any occasion, but still," Thalia explained as we walked into Macy's. 

Suddenly, I remembered Rachel's party. 

Gods, I had totally forgotten, but Annabeth had to take my body to the party. Rachel was my girlfriend, and I was expected to be there by all the jocks and populars. 

"Right, Rachel's party. Are we going as well?" I asked. 

I wanted to go to the party to make sure that Annabeth (who was me) was there. Plus, I could also walk her through the party. 

Something told me that Annabeth didn't go to parties. 

She was too mature and intelligent for stupid parties, at least those that involved all of the teenage drama and bad decisions. 

"Yeah, Piper, of course, was invited, and she wants us to go too. Annabeth, we thoroughly talked about this a few days ago," Thalia commented. 

"I just forgot I guess," I stammered. 

Thalia simply gaped at me, but Piper and Hazel, fortunately, saved me. They called us over from the women's wear section. 

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of shopping. Piper and Hazel were excited to pick stuff out and try stuff on. However, Thalia and I got desensitized pretty quickly. 

Sometime during the shopping session, I texted Annabeth (ie my own phone) and told her that she had to be at the party. She reluctantly accepted. 

"Annabeth, you gotta wear this," Piper exclaimed interrupting Annabeth's and my text conversation. 

She was holding a simple red dress. It was a sleeveless lace up backless dress. To be honest, as a guy, I would be attracted to a girl wearing that, especially a beautiful girl like Annabeth. 

Err, I probably shouldn't be attracted to Annabeth. 

Considering I was dating someone, it seemed wrong. However, Annabeth was a very attractive woman. Not to mention, strong and intelligent as well.