Chapter 14: Touch It

Percy POV (in Annabeth's body)

So, I guess that I broke up with my girlfriend. I didn't really know how I felt. I was upset, and I was glad at the same time.

The party ended with me having a few drinks actually.

The news of the power couple, Percy and Rachel, breaking up spread like a wildfire during the party. Rachel seemed completely fine though. I was fine, too. At least, that's what I told myself.

"Okay, Annabeth, I think that you drank enough," Thalia exclaimed.

She grabbed my red solo cup and threw it in the trash. Annabeth's best friend turned me around and pulled me towards the house.

"Thalia, what are you doing?" I asked, harshly pulling away.

"Annie, what the hell happened? Why are you acting like this? This isn't you at all," Thalia shouted over the noise in the backyard.

"I'm fine, Thalia," I said.

However, the alcohol caused me to trip over my feet. I fell on my butt, and the red dress slightly slid me on the marble tiles.

"Annabeth, come on, we're leaving now," Thalia commanded.

She pulled me onto my feet, and we started walking towards the house. Her car was parked several houses down the road of Rachel's magnificent community.

I hadn't realized how much I had been drinking. Of course, my normal body would've been able to handle the alcohol. However, Annabeth's body (1) wasn't used to alcohol and (2) couldn't handle as much as a grown man's.

"Okay, Annabeth, tell me what happened with Percy," Thalia demanded.

I was standing against her black Toyota, but she hadn't unlocked the door so I was stuck outside with her staring me down.

"Nothing happened. He just helped me," I snapped.

"Annabeth, why are you so drunk and so emotional right now? This isn't like you. You actually seem like a crazy person, who doesn't have anything together."

Her voice and expression were confident as she spoke. Thalia clearly knew her best friend, and she knew that I was not her.

I realized that I was looking weak to her. I was looking weak and disappointing, and that was certainly letting her down. Gods, that was so not like me.

It wasn't like Percy Jackson to lose his shit (at least, in front of others). People always counted on him, so he had to keep things together, most of the time, by himself.

I straightened up and cleared my throat.

"I'm fine, Thalia," I said firmly. "Now, can you give me a ride home?"

Thalia simply stared at me in shock as I waited. I kept my eyes directly on her to emphasize that I was fine, at least on the outside.

"All right," Thalia expressed with a sigh.

The car ride back to Annabeth's home was quiet and awkward. When I got home, I barely paid attention to Helen's screaming.

I was too lost in keeping my composure like I would do if I were in my own body.

I am fine. Everything is okay, I repeated to myself.

***

The next day held a different aura in the air. A lot of people were staring and whispering as I (Annabeth) walked through the school.

I knew exactly why.

Annabeth was now known as the girl responsible for splitting up Percy Jackson and Rachel Elizabeth Dare. That was either good or bad depending on people's perspectives.