Chapter 19: Changes

Annabeth POV

I woke straight up. I was sweating as I quickly looked around the room before relaxing. I was just in my room. 

My head fell back on my soft pillow and closed my eyes again. 

Suddenly, my eyes snapped open as I sat up quickly. I was in my own bedroom. 

I was in my own body in my own room. My hands traveled over my body as I got out of bed. My eyes narrowed on the mirror. I was Annabeth Chase again. 

I smiled instinctually as I took myself in. 

My face certainly looked like it just woke up. I was still wearing the clothes that Percy dressed me in yesterday. Clearly, he didn't change me out of the jeans and blouse when he got home. 

I reached forward and touched the mirror. Oh my god. The fact that I was back in my own body finally sunk in as my smile brightened. I looked around my room. It was messier than I would normally keep it. Of course, I didn't expect Percy to be very neat. 

Suddenly, I ran out of my bedroom. 

I wanted to see my brothers again because I missed them so much. Surprisingly, I even missed Helen's obnoxious presence. 

I ran downstairs where the boys were watching tv. 

"Annabeth," they greeted happily like they always do. Gods, the kids were so cheerful; they could really brighten someone's day. 

I went forward and hugged them much to their surprise. 

"Gods, I missed you guys so much," I expressed as tears of joy bristled my eyes. 

Of course, I wasn't going to cry. I had cried enough yesterday due to Percy's and my stupid fight. In the end, I realized that we both were validated in acting the way we did. 

We both lost control, and we both stood up for each other. 

I was more hurt by what Percy said about me, probably because of how much I cared about him. However, I knew that I insulted him as well. 

I sighed before pulled away from the boys. 

"Annabeth, are you okay? You seem happier than normal," Bobby commented. Matthew nodded along in agreement. 

"I'm just feeling better today is all. I feel like I'm back to normal," I said firmly. 

"That's good. We know that you were upset yesterday. We're glad that you're feeling better," Bobby and Matthew said. They traded off sentences while speaking. 

I simply nodded. I sort of knew what happened yesterday because Percy told me, but I obviously didn't know the specific details. 

"Annabeth," my dad acknowledged softly.

I winced as I turned around to face my dad. Helen was also next to him with a neutral expression, but she seemed kinder or warmer I guess. 

"Boys, how about we step outside real quick?" Helen suggested. 

The boys were intelligent enough to understand the situation. They easily obliged and went into the backyard with their mother, leaving me and my dad alone.

I stood cautiously as stared at him. 

"Dad, I'm so sorry for whatever happened yesterday. I wasn't myself," I said quietly. Technically, I wasn't lying. 

He came forward and wrapped his arms around me. 

I froze as I took in the embrace before returning it. I didn't expect this. My dad pulled away hesitantly but still stayed close to me.