Chapter 22: Unstoppable

Percy POV 

I knew that Annabeth was probably feeling nervous. She seemed ready to express herself, which was great. However, the initial step could be daunting. 

But, I learned that the benefits were worth it. 

Regardless, I couldn't believe that I hugged Wise Girl, from the back no less. While it felt good and spontaneous, I realized after that it was so weird. I mean, Annabeth and I were no more than friends at the moment. 

However, we knew each other better than pretty much anyone else. After all, we lived in each other's lives for a few weeks. 

The audience was buzzing. The last performance was a very good drama act, and Annabeth was coming on next. 

Annabeth and Thalia's names flashed brightly on the screens bordering the edges of the stage. 

"Ooh, this is it," Piper squealed.

"Yeah, I'm so excited," Leo squealed even more than Piper. "Guys, Annabeth is such a good singer, you'll see." 

I smiled as I nodded. I was very excited to see Wise Girl perform. This would be one of the most meaningful moments of her life. I was sure of it. 

I picked 'Fight Song' because it summed up Annabeth's fierce and beautiful personality. I felt beyond satisfied that Annabeth stayed with my song choice. My opinion mattered to her a lot. 

My smile brightened as the curtains drew open. 

Annabeth was standing in a simple dress and wavy hair. She was exactly herself as she stood in front of the mic. Thalia was a few feet away from her with a guitar. 

The audience quietened as we waited for the performance. 

"I also mixed the music, by the way," Leo whispered. Several of our friends shushed him light-heartedly. We were all ready for Wise Girl.

Annabeth's eyes searched the audience and first went to her family, which made her smile. Then, she found her friends and me. 

I was sitting fairly far away, but I could still lock gaze with her. 

I smiled reassuringly, which brought a smile onto her face as well. She took a deep breath and nodded, signaling the music to start. 

Her voice started soft and beautiful. It simply pulled everyone into her performance and her world. 

I smiled as I watched her let loose. 

She was so gorgeous and so talented. Her performance blew everyone away. She was definitely one of the best acts of the night. 

The whole crowd was on their feet before the song even finished. 

The cheering was deafening, and I appreciated every bit of it. Annabeth looked so happy up there as she smiled, bowed, and waved. 

"WOOHOO," Leo shouted next to me. 

I laughed as Annabeth walked off the stage with Thalia. Both of them were talking excitedly due to loads of adrenaline. She should be so proud of herself. 

Piper continued to laugh as she sat back down. Then, she seemed to get an idea and leaned towards me. 

"How much do you want to kiss her right now?" Piper said slyly. 

My cheeks reddened as I nudged her playfully to back off. Piper simply laughed at my embarrassment. 

Gods, I wanted to kiss Wise Girl so badly. No words could describe how much I wanted to be with her.