Chapter 7: Princesses Don't Cry

Annabeth POV (in Percy's body)

Percy and I gave each other a quick rundown of our lives. However, it was obvious that neither of us wanted to share about our lives. 

Regardless, living Percy's life probably wasn't that hard. 

He was the star swimmer who was loved by everyone. He literally had no worries in his perfect teen life. Of course, that didn't mean that I wanted to stay in Percy's body. 

As I watched my body walk away, I felt a sense of dread. I didn't know how long we'd be stuck in each other's bodies. I wanted my life back as soon as possible. 

I let out a sigh from Percy's mouth before heading towards his first period. 

Because of this issue, I was going to be late for class. I was never late to class, but I realized that Percy was always late. I realized that I could make Percy's body leisurely walk into class, and it wouldn't be a surprise to anyone. 

"Mr. Jackson," Ms. Dodds screeched as I walked in. 

I winced as I turned towards her. I wanted to casually slip into the classroom and take a seat in the back. I already took this class last year. After all, I was in advanced math. 

"I see that you're late yet again, Percy Jackson," she said angrily. 

It was weird how Ms. Dodds referred to students by their full names. 

"Ms. Dodds, swimming ran late today," I said cautiously. The whole class was staring at my and Ms. Dodds's interaction. 

"Oh, I don't need your excuses, Mr. Jackson," she snapped. "Detention." 

My (ie Percy's) jaw dropped as I stared at her in shock. I had never gotten detention before in my entire life, yet one day living in Percy's body, and I was going to detention. 

I quickly recovered before taking a seat at an empty desk. Since Percy was heavier than me, the old chair made a squeak. This was common when even slightly larger students took a seat. Our school wasn't exactly the newest or shiniest. 

I wondered if Percy was used to detentions. Considering he was always late to Ms. Dodds's class, it wouldn't be a surprise. 

Of course, a little heads-up would've been nice from that idiot. 

Surprisingly, I managed to avoid interacting with people throughout my morning classes. Percy (who was me) and Annabeth (ie Percy) didn't share any classes together. 

This made sense considering I mostly took AP and advanced credits. 

People tried talking to me, but I made Percy pretend to be occupied. Even Percy's actual friends, Jason and Grover, tried talking, but I ignored them. 

I was too nervous to interact with anyone as Percy. 

Finally, it was time for lunch. 

Walking into the cafeteria in Percy's body was daunting. It was like the first day of school, but in reality, it was my first day as Percy. 

Regardless, I walked confidently towards the lunch line. One step at a time. 

"Hey bro," a voice called from behind me. Suddenly, I felt a hand hit my back, which immediately caused me to pull away. 

I turned around quickly to find Jason, Thalia's brother, behind me. 

"Woah, you okay, bro?" he asked in surprise. 

I must've looked panicked because of the sudden assault. Of course, close friends would greet each other casually. I just wasn't expecting it. 

"Sorry, you startled me," I said cautiously.