Bonus - Her Lullaby

Start from the beginning

Smiling widely at him, Krysta waved in a friendly manner to Rayver, "Hey, Ray!" Which he replied to with a polite smile, but kept unspeaking.

Without anyone expecting it, Regina turned around, and clasped Soren's collar, pulling him closer to her. He gasped in fright at her actions, as she growled, saying, "You were supposed to be watching him!"

Rayver, who could not let Regina blame an innocent, at least on his opinion, intervened, "I-it's not his fault, I went off on my own!"

Letting go of Soren harshly, Regina neared Rayver, glaring at his shrinking figure. Seh circled him, like a predator, mocking it's prey, and said to him, "What were you doing?!"

"Nothing!" He cowered, whimpering.

"Who has made us weaker than we were?!"

"C-Cavillor..."

"Who killed our father?!"

"Cavillor..."

"What have I told you about them?!!"

Flinching back more as if wanting to be eaten up by the seat, Rayver tried to compensate to his actions by justifying them. He said, "I-I'm sorry, Regina. T-they didn't seem so bad! I-I... I thought we could be--"

"Friends?!" Regina spat the word like it was a disease never to be said again, making her brother cower even more. "You thought you'd be nice to them all, and they'd welcome you with open arms?!" She scoffed, "What an idea!"

Suddenly, like a thought came onto her, Regina paused, then smiled viciously, making the occupants of the room shiver at the sight.

"What... An idea!" She repeated, but this time, her voice was jovial, as if a brilliant plan was being plotted in her mind. Nearing him, she raised her hand, making him flinch slightly, but she merely patted his hair, making his glasses fall off on its own.

"You brilliant brother of mine! I am so proud of you!" She put his glasses back on with gentleness, "You have the same conniving mind that all of the Lucianos have which made us all so... Powerful!" She smirked menacingly.

Soren, annoyed and disgusted at the praise that was being given to someone that wasn't him, couldn't help but mutter, "Ugh."

This, however, didn't escape Regina's attention, and she turned around socked him in the nose, making the auburn male groan in pain and chuckle nervously at his queen's death glare.

Krysta smirked along the sidelines, watching everything happening without a word being said. Shortly, the rest of their group entered, seeing the scene before them.

With a smirk, Regina cast her gaze upon them; Wynter Bloom and Kade Wrighton. Looking at all her remaining subordinates, she announced in a way that sent chills down their spines, "I can now see the path to our glorious return to power..."

Glancing at each other, her words made her people smirk to each other, knowing that their leader had a plan, and a good one at that.

"Rayver, go upstairs. It's time for you to sleep." Regina stated to her brother, not wanting him to hear about what was going to happen next.

Rayver, on the other hand, wasn't feeling that sleepy yet. "But, I don't want--"

"Hush!" Rayver cut him off, kneeling to his side and ruffling his feathers like how a mother does to her favorite child. "Hush, my little one. You must be exhausted." She finished in a voice that sounded a lot like baby talk.