chapter 22

As the days passed weeks followed which turned into months then an entire year flew by. During that time nothing really has changed. Jigen of course still prioritizes working with kawaki and things are progressing normally but slowly concerning karma. When he isnt doing that he'd either be around kara or Solana.

He was currently sitting on the couch in his room with his legs crossed reading a book. Around half an hour ago he walked into the room from a meeting with some of the inners to find Solana asleep. He went to the bookshelf and grabbed a book then sat down. The sound of pages flipping was the only thing filling the silence.

An hour had passed when Solana woke up. He heard moving so looked up to her watching as she slowly sat up then rubbed her eyes. Moments later she looked at him. "jigen were you waiting for me to wake up?" She asked and gave a small smile. He stared at her then looked back down at his book. "No" he replied. She followed his gaze to what was in his hand.

"What are you reading about?" She asked. "Nothing interesting" he said as he closed the book. Solana got out the bed and walked up to him. "I can put it back for you" she said holding out her two small hands. Jigen gave her the book and watched as she place it back in the shelf. Solana stared at the small chipping the shelf had. "Whoever chose this must have no out much thought into it". She said touching the chipped section.

Jigen continued staring. "Have you forgotten whose room this was before you?" He asked. Seconds later solana gasped as she remembered. "That's right. How did I forgot this was your room jigen" she said. "I've been here so long now. It's been a year already." Jigen didn't say anything.

She looked at him . "Time seems to go so slow in here" she said. "Yes I'm sure it does" he replied. She then went and took a seat next to him. A couple months ago jigen told her to stop sitting next to him. She was confused to that and guessed it was simply because hes uncomfortable with that so complied.

But lately shes been wondering the acual reason he didnt want her next to him. She wants to ask but was  nervous. She dosnt know how he'll respond to it and was scared to hear his response. She would think he'd say he dosnt want her next to him because of the way she looks. Because she isnt human. Now she dosnt think hes scared of her because she isnt but he could he uncomfortable because of her. And she didnt know why but whenever she thought about it she got a weird feeling she couldnt explain along with her other one towards him.

Jigen took notice of the silence in the room and looked at Solana. She was looking down but facing him and seemed to be thinking about something. He continued to watch her until she looked at him then smiled. "Can I ask you something?" She said. "What?" He replied. "I've been wondering. why dont you want me next to you?" She asked.