chapter 6

2 days passed and jigen hasn't come back to the room. Solana had woken up hours after he left and felt pain throughout her neck. She was still able to talk but her voice was very quiet and cracked causing her to cry. She didn't expect jigen to do that to her and then just leave. But honestly, she didn't want to see that man anytime soon. She's now terrified to even speak to him.

Jigen swung his rod and hit the vessel again. Kawaki slowly looked up at him. "What are you doing? Get up now. If you cant master that you're of no worth to me" he said as he stared down at him. Kawaki looked at his karma. "I'm done with this. I've had enough!" He yelled. Jigen continued staring at him. "What is this anyway? Get it off me already!" Jigen hit him again.

"I don't recall giving you permission to ask me questions kawaki" he said as he lowered his rod. He then smiled. "However I'm quite relieved. You've still got lots of energy. Now get up" he said. Kawaki then sat up on his arms and knees. "Kawaki. You have nothing. No family, no friends, no power, no talent. You don't have a single thing. You are empty".

 "You yourself should know that. You loathe your empty self. You deny your own worth." Kawaki stared at him like he was crazy. "there is a hole in your heart. Nothing you gain will ever fill a broken vessel. It will just spill right out of that hole". "Im!-" jigen gave a small smile. "But kawaki that's precisely why I bestowed the karma upon you".

He then pointed his rod to his karma. "It is the one thing that can fill your punctured heart. Because it's a special mark" He said. "This shouldn't exist. What nonsense" he thought as he remembered Solana's words."This will fill my heart. Then why does it hurt so much!?" He asked as he sat up. Jigen then hit him again. "I told you didn't I? Without the karma you are worthless".

Kawaki sat up. "But i.." he tried to talk but jigen hit again. "How many times must I tell you? I did not give you permission to ask me questions. If you understand get up. Because it would be a pain to have to kill you and go find another one" he said. Kawaki then got up and they continued. 4 hours passed and kawaki passed out from exhaustion. Jigen knew he couldn't do anything with him and left him with amado.

After that he made his way to the dining table and sat down. He poured himself a drink and closed his eyes. "He isn't learning a thing" isshiki thought. For some reason, he thought kawaki would at least by now be able to handle stopping the rod using karma. 10 minutes went by then jigen stood up.

Solana layed on her back and stared at the ceiling. Minutes later the door opened and closed. She knew who it was so didn't even look. Jigen stared at her as he walked to the chair and sat down. The room stayed quiet as neither of them said a word to another. Just jigen staring at the girl who wouldn't look at him.

More time passed with nothing but sheer silence until jigen sighed. Solana doing this reminded isshiki of how Kaguya would ignore him whenever she disagreed or didn't like something he said. "Is something bothering you Solana?" He asked. She sat up still not looking at him. Her voice was still quiet and cracked so she shook her head.

"No?" He said. She kept her head down and took a breath in. "I'm fine" her voice quietly said. Jigen squinted his eyes and leaned his head toward her. "What was that? I can't hear you". Solana painfully swallowed. "I'm fine" she said louder. Jigen moved his head back as he heard her voice and how it sounded. "I see.." he mumbled. "Tell me. Are you upset about what happened?". She shook her head. "Oh?" He replied.

Solana slowly looked up and met his eyes. "I...I'm not upset about what you did" she said. Jigen stared at her. She wasn't lying. She deserved what he did to her and held no grudge against it. But that wasn't the part upsetting her. She wanted to tell him what she was feeling but something was stopping her from doing it.

"I see" he thought and stood up. He then walked to the door. "Well, no matter" he mumbled and left. Solana stared at the door. Her eyes began watering as she thought over everything that was happening. Tears soon fell from her eyes. At this moment all she wanted to do was see those flowers again.