chapter 5

Jigen stared at Solana's sleeping form. He was beyond confused at this point. He didn't understand this girl or how she worked. "she's a broken otsutsuki.." he thought. Otsutsuki isshiki has met and known all have a similar way they do things. They think the same, and they act the same, but with Solana it's different. She's the first otsutsuki he's met that's so small and didn't have any form of power and the first he's met that cried so easily.

The fact she doesn't know where she came from but knew she's an otsutsuki and the fact she came here alone when otsutsuki travels in pairs confused isshiki so much it slightly angered him. He felt she was simply lying about it all. Jigen walked to the couch and sat down. He planned to wait until Solana woke up to get the answers he wanted. Or at least the answer to his current issue.

hours passed and Solana finally started to wake up. She opened her eyes and sat up then rubbed them. "Finally awake" jigen said. Solana's eyes widened and she slowly turned to see jigen on the couch. He gave a low smile staring at her. "Jigen" she mumbled. She was confused about why he was there, especially when she just woke up.

"Did you sleep well?" Jigen asked as he crossed his legs. "Why is he here? Did I do something wrong? But I've been asleep so" She thought then quickly gasped. "I'm sorry Jigen! You wanted to sleep in your bed and I just took it. Did you have to sleep somewhere else?" She asked in a worried tone.

Jigen stared at her with amusement. "You have a bad habit of asking questions before answering mine" He said. Solana gasped again. "I'm sorry! I slept quite well since your bed is very warm. It even smells like you" she blurted out. Seconds later covering her mouth realizing what she just said. Jigen watched even more amused. "I'm sorry! I didn't!-" "calm down" jigen said interrupting her.

Solana immediately shut up upon hearing that. "In return for answering my question I'll give yours an answer. No I did not sleep somewhere else. I didn't sleep at all." he said and Solana nodded. "I'm sure you're wondering why I'm here as your just now waking up?" He asked and she nodded.

"Lately something has been happening to me and I'm certain you'll have a clue as to what it is" He said. Solana continued listening. "At random times I find myself in a completely dark space and there's nothing there..except you" he said. Solana's eyes widened. "The first time you didn't seem to notice I was there. The second time you saw me but didn't speak. And last night it happened again. So tell me what that is your doing and how you're doing it".

"I don't know what that could be either" Solana replied. Jigen glared at her and then remembered what she said to him in the dark place. "Solana. Do you not want to be eaten by 10tails?" Jigen asked. Her lips parted a bit as she was just about to lie. But deep down she knew she didn't want to die. She wanted to live and see this world and learn more about humans. Since the first one she met is so scary she needed to see if all of them were like this.

Another part of her knew her life had no value. She had nothing or nobody so she knew to just accept being jigen feeding her to 10tails. Escape from this man was impossible.

Solana stared at jigen who did the same awaiting her answer. "No..I don't" she sadly said lowering her head. "You told me you accepted being eaten by 10tails" he said. "I have accepted that.. it's just" she mumbled the last part. "There's so much I don't know. why must I be devoured by this 10 tails. I get you'll benefit from it but how?" She asked with desperation to find the answer.

"I see" isshiki thought. He then proceeded to tell her a little about 10tails and even mentioned kara and karma and their plans. He made sure to leave out anything she didn't need to know such as things like himself or his own actual goals. When he finished explaining Solana looked at him like he was crazy. "Is he..serious? I was ok with my death being valuable to him but I never expected this to be the real reason." Solana thought.

"All life on the planet..but" she mumbled as jigen stared at her. "But..why are you doing that!?" Solana grabbed her chest as her heart began to race. She didn't like the idea of being used for basically the end of the world. She'd rather her existence be worthless than valuable to a bunch of murderers.

She then looked jigen straight into his eyes. "I think what you and your group are doing is evil. As humans, you shouldn't be trying to kill each other. What your planning to do is insane! Karma is insane and it shouldn't exist." she said with a trembling voice. The room quickly fell quiet as he stared at her with no form of interest.

In the blink of eye, he grabbed Solana by her neck and held her in the air with one hand. She was shocked at how quickly he moved and the hold he had on her and with each passing second his grip grew tighter. The terrible croaks of her windpipe being crushed flooded both her and jigens ears.

He lowly laughed. "Do you think I care for your opinion?" He asked. She grabbed jigen's fingers with both of her hands in an attempt to pry them off but they weren't budging. He watched as she struggled to breathe and get free from his hold. "I do not care for insults towards myself or kara..but you will not insult karma," he said then brought her face to his.

She moved her eyes to stare at his black ones and the only thing she could think at that moment was "he's gonna kill me!". Isshiki knew this wouldn't be enough to kill an otsutsuki so he didn't care how rough he was being. Jigen slowly closed the space between them while his hand still crushing her throat. "Killing you is a job specifically for 10tails. However..I have no qualms about hurting you" he said. Her eyes then started closing and she passed out.

Jigen threw her back on the bed and stared at her form. He then walked to the door and left the room.