chapter 16

Solana woke up the next day to find jigen gone so she decided to sleep more. hours later he walked in the room and looked at her. He stared at her sleeping form before making his way to the couch. He rested his fingers on his head and closed his eyes. Before he came here he was sitting at the dinning table drinking his wine.

At the time he was thinking about he and Solanas conversation. The things that girl says truly is amusing to him and he dosnt understand her at all. But like she said. He'll have plenty of time to try and figure her out. But to him that was nonsense. It dosnt matter how much time he has to truly understand the way she thinks because in a few years she'll just be a memory. So why waste time in something like that.

Anything that happens in the next couple years from now wont matter. To isshiki Solana will keep things interesting up until she meets her fate. And that's all there is to it. But still he couldnt ignore the weird feeling that came over him when she spoke to him kindly and worried about him resting enough. As if he wasn't sending her to her end. He didnt understand the way he felt at that moment nor could describe it.

Jigen thoughts were interrupted as a wave of tiredness flooded him. He was going to simply ignore it but then his head started to ache. He knew he needed lay down somewhere so he stood up and made his way to him room only to find Solana sleeping in the bed. He hoped she'd been on the couch instead of there. He stared at her for a while then went to the couch. He rested his head on his fingers and crossed his legs. It didnt take long for him to fall alseep.

3 hours later Solana opened her eyes. She sat up and rubbed them for a few moments then looked over to the couch. She stared at a sleeping jigen with a straight face. She truly is amazed at the way hes able rest in such ways. "How long has he been asleep?" She asked herself. Considering when she woke up he wasnt there. "So it hasnt been long.." she then got out of the bed.

She currently stood in front of him. He really does look peaceful as he sleeps. Like the things hes trying to accomplish isnt affecting him at all. A light pink washed her cheeks as she stared at him. "Why does this feel like a privilege?" She thought. Moments later she glanced at the hand that rested on his thigh. Gently she picked it up and brought it to her.

She stood there holding it for the next few mintues until she frowned. "What am I doing?" she thought remembering why she's even  here in the first place. He literally dragged her here against her will and slapped her with the fate of being eaten for the sake of his plans which she was forced to accept.

"My lifes been threatened by these hands over and over. Hes so cruel..and yet I still" she thought as her eyes began to water. Jigen opened his eyes. He still felt the aches in his head but he didnt feel as tierd. He looked in front of him and stared at Solana who was holding his hand. He was immediately about to snatch it from her but didnt when he saw the face she had.

"Why did I let him take me. why didnt I run the night of that festival" She thought. She knew she should hate him for everything hes done and what he planning to do to her. But something is keeping her from doing it. And she cant figure out what it is. Jigen continued staring at her. "What is she thinking?" Isshiki thought.

Mintues later Solana blinked realizing she was crying. She saw all of her tears that were ran off his hand. She placed her other hand ontop of his causing him to tense. She felt that and looked at him. The two met eyes and stared at one another for the next passing moments.

"I'm sorry jigen" she said with a weak smile. He took his hand back without any force. "I Pity you" he blankly said. Solana stepped back. "When will you understand shedding tears will get you nowhere?" He asked. She stared at him then softened her eyes. "Actions are better than words. With time these tears might make sense to you" she said.

"Oh?" He said. Solana grabbed his hand again. "Sorry I cried all over this". Jigen watched as she placed a soft kissed on it. His eyes widened with shock. "How dare you" he said and snatched his hand back. "I'm looking foward to these next few years" she said.

"What's wrong with this girl?" isshiki thought. He was beyond confused on everything that just happened. And now she says something like that. "Itll take a millennium for me to acually understand the way you think" He said and stood up. Solana smiled up at him.

He stared at her then walked to the door. "Where are you going jigen?" She said. He turned and looked at her. "For the next few weeks I'll be extremely busy. Dont expect me to be here as much like I have been" he said. Solana nodded and he turned around and left with a small smirk. Once the door shut she went back to the bed then laid down and stared at the ceiling. "This feeling.." she thought.