49|49

"Today is the trial of Zane Bianchi. A man named Thomas Punt has been stalking Zane and his girlfriend, Vera for months. After Zane caught Thomas he beat him up but used unnecessary force," the judge said as I sat beside my lawyer.

This trial was just to see how long Zane will be in jail but we're trying to shorten it so he can make it to the pregnancy in about 4 weeks. I glanced at Zane who was already looking at me and smiled at him and he returned it before my lawyer stood up with an envelope in his hand.

(A/n btw I have no idea how trials go so don't press me about it 💀)

"We all know Zane used unnecessary force but wouldn't you? His pregnant girlfriend was constantly being followed for the past 5-6 months. Not only that but on the surveillance cameras around their home we can see that he was staying there multiple times a night and occasionally trying to break in." The judge nodded and I shuddered in disgust just thinking about what could've happened if he got in while I was home alone.

"It seems like you're trying to guilt-trip us." The judge says deadpanning and I sighed rubbing my temples. "Are you serious right now? Zane used unnecessary force and all but that man has been stalking us and on our property for months." I mumbled to myself and my lawyer nodded pulling out a paper and I looked at him.

"Fine, if Zane can't get out early at least let him be on probation. Restrict him from leaving the house and all that shit but at least let him be at his babies birth." I nodded. If we can't get his sentence shortened then that's good enough. The judge nodded, "That's good enough. Zane Bianchi is sentenced to two months of probation. During this time you cannot leave the house but when it comes to your babies birth I will allow you to be at the hospital for as long as you need. Please don't let me see you back here." Zane nodded trying to hide a smile.

I stood up grabbing my purse and hugged Zane, "I'll see you when you get home alright?" He nodded kissing my temple before I left. I went home and took a bath before I ate some ramen and waited for the police officer to drop of Zane.

I was laying on the couch half asleep when I heard a knock on the door. I stood up and went to the door and opened it. Zane was standing there with a police officer behind him. He had an ankle monitor on and he was grinning at me. "Make sure you stay inside. I expect a phone call when you get ready to go to the hospital so there won't be any misunderstandings." Zane nodded walking inside and closing the door then hugging me.

"I'm sorry about all of this amore." He buried his face in my neck and I ran my fingers through his hair, "It's okay Zane." I wrapped my arms around his neck giving him a tight hug before guiding his hands down to my belly and at the perfect time I felt two kicks.

His eyes widened and he smiled brightly showing almost all 32 teeth which made me laugh. "They're ready to come out soon," Zane whispered kissing all over my face making me laugh again. "Are you excited?" I asked him and he nodded, "I'm very excited. I wanna see how they're gonna grow up." I nodded, "I wanna look beautiful while in labor so can you help me paint my nails and toes?"

"You'll always be beautiful, but of course." We went to our room and Zane chose white nail polish and started painting my toes while I painted my left hand. I could barely see my feet but Zane was looking at me all smug saying he should be a nail tech.

"Since you're so good, why don't you do my right hand." "Definitely, then you can see my skills." "Was that an insult?" I said glaring playfully at him and he gave me a grin, "Yes." He mumbled lowly and I punched him in the shoulder and he laughed and started painting my nails.

While we waited for them to dry he painted his nails with clear nail polish and decorated them with nail decals. "Man I look good." He mumbled staring at himself in the mirror, "I agree." I said standing up and walking next to him.

"There's a mafia ball coming up, should we go?" I asked and he shrugged, "It might be dangerous but we aren't on the bad side of any mafias." I nodded, "We still have a lot of time to think about it."