44|44

It's been two weeks since I found out I was pregnant. Zane had banned me from anything to do with the mafia and promised that he would handle his dad.

Today we are going to the doctors to get a checkup and see how far along I am in the pregnancy. "You ready love?" Zane said and I nodded as he grabbed my waist guiding me to the car.

"I can drive." I mentioned as he opened the passenger door and he shook his head, "It's fine." As Zane got in the car my mom was calling me, "Hello?" "Vera, I know you're going to your checkup today but can you take care of Athena. Me and your dad are leaving for vacation for the next week and the boys don't know how to take care of a child."

"I'll take care of her. We'll be there after the checkup." "Okay that's fine." She hung up and I leaned back when I felt some nausea and Zane grabbed my hand caressing it softly.

"Wr have to take care of Athena this week." "I miss little goddess." He said and I grinned looking out the window.

•••

"You are exactly 5 weeks pregnant. Everything's great so far and in a few months we can do your first ultra sound and find out the gender." I nodded standing up and we said bye to the doctor before going to the car and heading to my parents house.

Daniella and Nicolas moved in together last week and they live a block away from us. Noah is in college but still lives with our parents and Junior had his own apartment with a few of his closest friends who are in the cartel. 

Arabella I'm also in college but lives with her mom and often visits me and Zane. Lucia on the other hand went back to Italy and is staying with the grandparents. We offered to take care of her but they said they had everything under control.

"I've packed all her stuff for the next week. Thank you so much sweethearts." My mom said putting Athena in my arm and putting the bag and car seat in the car. She hugged us and kissed Athena on the cheek before rushing back inside and I saw my dad coming out with some suitcases and he smiled when he seen us.

"Hey guys!" He jogged over and dapped Zane before hugging me. "How you doing?" He asked kissing my forehead, "Good, a little bit of nausea but other than that I'm fine."

"What about the mafia?" "Zane isn't letting me help." I mumbled rolling my eyes while he scoffed and my dad chuckled, "I did the same to your mother. Stress is a bad thing when you're pregnant. I'll call you guys when we make it to France." My eyes widened and I gasped at him, "You're going to France?! I wanna come!" I whined and he waved me off.

"We can go there as a family next year. Me and your mom wanna have a little bit of... alone time." I looked at him with disgust and opened the car door.

•••
"You seem stressed." I said walking into Zanes office and he looked up and his eyes brightened and a smile came on his face. "I am. I'm planning a mission to Idaho to take care of my father but I don't wanna leave you alone."

"I'll be fine. You'll only be gome for like a week right?" I pushed his chair back and straddled his lap. "Right, but I don't wanna leave my pregnant girlfriend alone for that long." "I won't be alone. I have many people to keep my company while you're gone."

"Alright. Just stay safe. I'm probably gonna leave after we do the first ultrasound. Is that okay with you?" I nodded nuzzling my face in his neck.

"Where's Athena?" "She's asleep." I mumbled closing my eyes and he laughed, "What's funny?" I asked opening my eyes, "That tickled." He laughed again recurring to my breath on his neck and I grinned kissing his jaw.

"I'm tired." "Then go to sleep love. I'll be here." Zane ran his hands up and down my back before they stopped on my ass. I nodded drifting off to sleep.

A/N— MAJOR writers block!!! I'm sryyy 😫 give me some ideas for the next chapters pls, what do y'all wanna see?