Chapter Sixteen: Captured

Strong arms wrap around me shielding me from the cold along with the blue silky blanket. I move my head to the side resting my hand under it on the bag I make a pillow. Chris foot moves wrapping over my lower body pulling me closer into him. I open my eyes as his cheek presses to mine and he drags my upper body into his broad chest. My back comes in contact with hard muscles. I try my best not to squirm. I turn my head to look at the huge muscle bear that keeps me captive. He stares into my eyes, then loosen his grip on me.

"You're awake" His body moves from mine and his warmth is carried away. He lays on his back, blinding his eyes with his arm. I lay on my back too, my arms wrapped around my waist. Darn these feelings!

I look over on him, watching his Every move. His Adam apple moves as he swallows, and his hand moves behind his head. He looks over on me, and our eyes lock. The warmth returns to my body, the atmosphere feeling light without oxygen. I stop breathing.

I watch his eyes turn from emotionless to questioning. It's like he can see my soul and he has found something that worries him.

"What do you mean by you need him?", He asks. I hear the silence break within the room; I can finally breath again. I rip my eyes from his and run my hand through my hair, pushing myself up with my good foot. My back presses against the cold wall as the sun shines in through the broken window of the warehouse. After I sprained my leg yesterday, we tried to find our way back to the van but got lost. We found a warehouse and decided to take a rest there since it was getting dark. The warehouse was old, but it had some benefits.

Chris shifts beside me sitting in the same position I'm in, except with one of his legs up and his hand thrown over it. I proceed to answer his question, with the answer I wasn't quite sure of.

"I think he's my dad"

"Your dad? Who?"

"Green hazel eyes, almost as built as you about the same height-," I look over to him my mouth close. I breathe through my mouth in a sigh.

"Why do you think so, you haven't seen that man in over five years."

"I know it's just that I have a feeling it's him. I've seen him on a file Cindy had and in my memories. I just think-" I turn my head staring into brown. I stop. I sound stupid, don't I? His face says it all. It holds no emotions, but it says it all. I turn my head. I should just stop trying to find him.

He's the reason why I joined the agency. He told me not to I promised him, I broke the promise and join an agency. I used guns, not that I'm any good at them but I used it. I broke the promise to find him. He left me when I was young, I didn't know him much. However, I know he was a fighter. Those lashings and threats he would never succumb to them. I know him a little, but the little I knew said a lot. I know my father is still alive. He just couldn't reach me, he still can't. I needed to do something; I did. Broke the promise, still I'm at square one. No clue on where he is. At least, I still remember my aim after suffering a comma. That's a sign I still had something I needed to complete, he is alive. But what if it's just the bright side of me talking? What I want to believe? What actually isn't true?

I want it to be. Gosh. That man revived my searching spirit. He looks so like Stewart. He looks like my dad. I want my dad. I want to find the way to him. I look stupid. I sound stupid. I feel stupid.

I lift myself up, Chris watching me, I don't look back at him. I limp to the other room. The door shut close behind me as I lean against the wall beside the window. I stare outside at nothing in particular, after all it's just trees. Nothing exciting in that.

What did I expect him to say?  Oh, you found your father. He's right, how do I even know it's him. That's the point, I don't I'm just guessing. That's what I want. Damn it, I sound nothing like feste. If I'm a fool can't at least be a clever one. The door swings open shattering my thoughts. I look behind me at Christopher coming to stand beside me. He puts his hand in his front pocket and looks down on his shoes. He looks up on me, I watch him through corner eyes.

"Look I'm sorry. I just have to think like that. He was practically our enemy and you haven't seen your father in such a long time I just had to think like that. I'm sorry if you thought I was too harsh. I just don't want-", he begins but I cut him off.

"It's fine. Just forget it,"

"I'm sorry really," he begins turning his body towards me.

I look at him and smile, then turn back my smile fading. I hope he got it, I don't want to continue the conversation. He does, he turns back in his position. He still looks at me though. I can feel his eyes literally burning my scalp as he looks down on me.  The silence itches at my sensitive skin, and warmth return. What have gotten into me. What is he doing to me. Stop. I want it to stop.

I look up to him. His eyes unto mine. He let me see, his emotions he's stirred up emotions. He shows me them all, I soak them up like  a sponge and don't let them free. He searches my eyes he sees himself. There's nothing more to see but there's something left. We push that aside and just stare without saying anything, as we drown in each other's eyes.

The moment seems like years. As his lips twitch and his eyes travel down to my lips probably looking for a reaction. My insides scream to touch him like earlier. Feel his broad shoulders and strong muscles under my palm. To be pressed to his insides like we are glued. I want to much. I'm crossing my boundary. What if he doesn't like me back. He just yearns to protect me like my father. To fulfill his promise. What if I'm just simply a girl to him. After all he's older, what if he thinks I'm immature. To much what ifs I don't like it. Like, who cares about that. My mind works as twice as my heart, damn these thoughts.

I yearn to look away I really want to. No I don't I want to snack his lips with mine I can't. He's a traitor. He betrayed me, he can do it again. He's sorry, but sorry is just a word. He shows remorse, but he can repeat his action, it's nothing really. Damn but. I should just kiss him already.

What will be his reaction. Will he smack me. I would snack him back fir sure, but that would mean he didn't like me like that. Damn it.

His face moves closer. Is he about to. No I'm just imagining things. Darn my eyes. Darn my wants. I want to fill this empty space. Darn it. Want. Want. Want. Why can't I just do it already.

His face moves closer, this time I'm seeing right. I lick my lips as I anticipate what is coming. His eyes travel to my exposed tongue. His eyes burn it with desire. I close my mouth, my tongue is hot. He's hot. This moment burns. An explosion is heard.

My ears ring as I'm thrown across the room. Debris covering me. I watch the air swipe Chris from my view, then gravity brings him crashing down. My eyes ring still. My eyes dull. The world become fogging, but my thoughts are still alive. Loud boots come crunching in. Those darn footsteps. I remember them.

The heat hasn't left, I smell fire. I feel the debris lift off me. My eyes are going away slowly. My head sway as muscular hands walk with me bridal style. Is it Chris. I hear his loud cry, then he swears. It's not him. My eyes shut; my ears become inactive. I'm lost, forgotten, captive.