Chapter Six: True or Trust

My eyes drag down Chris' figure. I watch as he breathes in and out soundlessly as he sleeps. You know honestly I thought he was a robot. He never sleeps, well I have never seen him sleeping. Not until now. His lips twitch and he turns unto his side. Normally I wouldn't be awake this time. However, I was awake when Cindy was getting ready for her mission this morning, and also for her weird phone call.

I crease my brows as I'm reminded of this morning events.

I left the bathroom, in my room, downstairs to the kitchen. In order to reach the steps I passed two rooms, one which Cindy sleeps in and the other Chris. As I was about to pass Cindy's room I heard her talking.

"Yeah they are sleeping," she said. I stepped closer to her room door that was slightly opened to catch a view of what was going on. She stood at her window gazing out, with the blue device at her ears.

"No, he haven't said anything other than blabber about the dumb girl," she replied to the speaker on the phone. The dumb girl? Who is that her sister? Must be.

"of course not, it doesn't matter what I'll make him mine, I'm just helping him for now because I know he will be great help with the agent in the future", she informed the other speaker.  Make who yours? You can't make anybody or anything yours mama.

"Yeah, she have. Some of her memories came back" oh so it's me. Happy to know. "No, I don't miss one thing all the rooms in here are bugged"

"What", I shreeked surprised. I slapped my hand over my mouth, and looked to see if she heard me and moved. She didn't. Phew! Cindy was silent for a while listening what the person on the  other side had to say. I gripped my hurting stomach. Damnit!

I ran off down the stairs to the kitchen clutching my stomach. The conversation continued, however I needed tea. My stomach wasn't in the best condition right now. I placed the kettle on the stove watching the fire heat it after I placed everything I need for tea in the cup. I leaned forward on the counter my cheeks pressed to the cold marbles. I hate having a stomach ache. It must have been because I didn't have any dinner. I was so worried and confused I couldn't force myself to eat.

I drank the tea sending the gas away. I made one more cup of tea carrying it with me to the room. I climbed the stars quietly looking forward to ears drop on Cindy's conversation. To my dismay her room door was wide open and she was no where inside. I shrugged my shoulders and continued. Probably she's in that darn room, I thought to myself. However, I realized Chris' room door opened. Probably he's awake. I continue walking.

As I passed Chris' room I spot Cindy stroking his hair. My eyes widen as I step back, so I'm not seen.  I peep looking at the scene again. Cindy stands heading to the door,  the heals of her shoes clicking on the floor. I step back out of view, straightening my postre. As she came into view I begun to walk then pretended like I was just coming upstairs.

"Oh my tea nearly splashed. What were you doing in there is Chris awake? Why are you all dressed up?", I say. Cindy closes the door stepping back, as she runs her hand down her leather jacket.

"I'm going on a mission I just told him, he's asleep now, don't wake him. He seems tired. Come and lock up for me," she said nodding to downstairs. I locked up when she went away, then went to Chris' room, where I still am.

Cindy's actions were scary and very unexpected. From the suspicious phone call to her stroking Chris' hair.

I looked down at grumpy sleeping. He pushes his mouth in a pout, as his hands slide under his cheek. Cute. He smiles. Damnit can he read my mind. Why the hell is he smiling?  I roll my eyes, then smile with him.

I lift my hands and stroke his hair twice before he holds it. I freeze. He was awake? His eyes opens, and he looks up into my eyes. Ha. Look at who is looking up now.