Chapter Thirteen: Team Shadow

Days had passed since the rouge agents return. Ava got used to her 'new life' with her team members. All her memories were back some with a blur. Whatever she couldn't make out she could always ask her new found 'family'.

Avagay, Christopher, Robert and Crystal sit at their usual lunch area feasting on whatever their hand could catch. It's a challenge who can eat a bit of everything within the cafeteria and still finish first. Of course, Robert is in the lead with that round tummy of his. Christopher laughs at the scene which unfolds itself infront of him.

"Foot pum fet cup in ma muth," Robert says as fries falls out his mouth. Ava do the honours, making a Sunday in his mouth with the ketchup. The sauce drips on Roberts shirt and Crystal curses him for eating like a baby. He pouts and shows his puppy eyes, however Crystal doesn't budge.

"Two hours training for you," she adds.

"Damn these women. Can't I just was the shirt myself?"

"I have no problem washing it for you," Crystal says then smiles.

"Your evil," Robert says then bites into the burger. Everyone laughs around the table.

After lunch is eaten, the winner is declared and bought an ice cream. They then all went their separate ways. Crystal dragging Robert by his ears to the training center. Christopher to the dorm, to read over the mission Cindy sent up with Crystal the other day. Avagay to Cindy's office.

Ava is happy with her current life. The problem is: She knows the person around her, but don't. She needs to read through their file. Plus, she heard of this team 'Shadows'. She remembers reading it on hers and Chris' file. Christopher the leader and she a field agent. She needs more information. In her dreams she is sure she saw five persons in their little group. Where is the next person? Was it Johnny?

She brushes her hand over the pretty leaves and flowers as she walks up the path to the main building. It stands high in the sky at six floors, one floor taller than the hospital. The glass doors open for her as she approaches the step.

Her steps are loud, the place is silent with agents eating and working on files. The first floor seems long and never ending, with lunch tables laying on the shinny white tiles. This little cafeteria is to accommodate the agents who don't have time to walk to the large eating hall.

She stands at the elevator waiting for it to arrive, after she pushes the button. Her glances around the room are just enough to bring back old memories. She smiles. The elevator arrives empty. She enters, just as her phone pings.

'meet me at the dorm in thirty' Chris message comes in. She replies.

'okay'

She then puts up the gift from Robert, her 'return gift'. She taps her foot to a tune in her head, as she waits on the elevator to hit the fourth floor. When it does she comes face to face with Cindy.

"Coming to see me?", She asks.

"Yeah, I just need some files"

"On?" She asks heading back to her office. Ava follows.

"Crystal and Robert. If you have anything on team shadow too"

"Why?", Cindy says her hand on the door lock.

" I need some information"

"Okay," Cindy replies then opens her office door. An oak table sits on the opposite side of the door, sprayed with papers. A computer sits at the far end of the desk with a printer and a scanner. File cabinets stands to the left of the room, and tea supplies at the right, on a small glass desk. Landscape paintings hang from cream walls which is enhanced with earthly dark coloured tiles.